chapter 4

Months had passed since Annalise's death. Months since her mother had killed her. But for Harry it felt like it was yesterday. A day since he lost the girl he truly loved. The months had flown by, like he was in a trance. A trance of grieve and sadness. Days went by, but nothing changed. Nothing could change, because she was gone. Forever.

He didn't pay attention in any of his classes, he stopped playing quidditch, even though the team needed him. He just couldn't do it. He couldn't play one more match without seeing Annalise cheering for him in the stands. He skipped meals to sit by their tree, resolving into him losing a lot of weight. He couldn't focus on anything anymore, all he thought of was her. Her smile, her hair, everything about her. He ignored all of his old friends, spending his time alone. He hoped that if he was alone Annalise would appear again. She never did. Not since the last time, when he tried to touch her and she vanished. Every Night he begs the universe to make her appear in his dreams. But he couldn't sleep, not with all the thought. His situation got so bad that Dumbledore had to decide. It was time for him to go back. Back to 12 Grimmauld Place. Back to Sirius.

Harry and Dumbledore arrived in the late afternoon in one of the many streets in London. In Front of them were old townhouses which belonged to muggles, except for number 12. It was hidden, inviable for muggles to see, but it revealed itself as soon as Harry and Dumbledore appeared. Harry recognised the house immediately. It was the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix, a secret society against the dark lord. It also had been the place Harry spend half of his summer, together with Hermione and the Weasley family. But most of all it was the house of his godfather, Sirius Black.

'Harry, it's good to see you.' Sirius said before embracing him. Harry let him, he even hugged back. Something he hadn't done to anyone. Not a single person since Annalise. 'Sirius.' He whispered. Dumbledore cleared his throat interrupting Sirius who was about to say something to Harry. 'Sirius, I would like to have a quick conversation with you. Alone please.' Dumbledore looked him straight into the eye, making it impossible for Sirius to refuse. He let go of Harry. 'Harry could you please the hallway? Just for a second. I will go straight to you when I'm done.' Harry nodded and entered the first room he could find. He entered the room in complete darkness. He didn't even know which room it was. Quickly he grabbed his wand. 'Lumos.' A small spot of light appeared out of the wand. He gazed through his glasses, moving his wand around to see something. To pick something up, so he knew which room he was in. But the room was empty, everything was dark except for the walls. The walls were covered in a special wallpaper The black family tree. He remembered Sirius telling him about it in the summer. How his mother had burned him off when he had left home. About the black's obsession of purebloodness. His wand went over countless people. People Harry didn't know, until his hand brushed over a familiar face. The face of the person he hated the most. Bellatrix Lestrange. He dawdled nervously before lowering his wand, not wanting to disappoint himself if she wasn't there. But she was. Her face was there, on the wall. Annalise's face. He stared at it. It was exactly as he remembered it to be. Just as pretty, just as perfect. And finally after months he caught himself smiling again.

'You found her.' A voice called behind him, he immediately turned around, and found Sirius standing in the door opening. 'You knew she was on here?' He asked him slightly offended. Why hadn't he mentioned it before. 'She has been since the day she was born.'

'Why didn't you say anything before?' Harry's voice was filled with sadness now. He didn't have a picture of Annalise, this was all he had and Sirius had hid it from him all these months. 'Harry, I didn't know she meant so much to you.' Sirius had walked into the room now, and had placed his hand on his shoulder. Both of them stared at the wall, and it was this moment that Harry saw the little cross next to her face, confirming that she was dead. Dead and never coming back.

He spend all his waken hours in that room for the following two days, he only left when it was dinner time or time for him to sleep. He just couldn't leave her alone now that he finally had her back, sort of then. 'Harry, you have to get out of there.' Sirius's voice sounded strict, but caring at the same time. 'It's not good for you.' He added. 'Don't say things that aren't true.' Harry mumbled back, not breaking his glance at the wall. 'Harry you have to focus on more important things.' He entered the room now. His footsteps sound loudly through the room, creating an uncomfortable atmosphere. 'Like what?' Harry spoke a little louder, his eyes were still glued to the wall. To Annalise's face. 'Defeating the dark lord. That should be your top priority. Saving the world.' Finally he turned to look at his godfather. He spoke with an uneasy look on his face. 'But she was my world.' His voice sounded sad, like he was about to burst into tears. Sirius had enough, days Harry had been sitting in that room staring at a girl. the daughter of his niece, he didn't understand how the daughter of his lunatic niece could be so important for him. 'O, please. She couldn't have meant that much if she was like my niece, her mother.'

'But she wasn't. She was the most kind and amazing girl I've ever known. She saved me, Sirius.' Harry defended her, even after her death he defended her. 'She betrayed you Harry. She gave you to the dark lord. She basically fed you to the wolves!' Sirius screamed. 'Yes she did, but she saved me after. She sacrificed her life for me. She told me she loved me!' He screamed back, he wasn't thinking anymore he was just following his heart and said what it told him to say. 'Harry the Lestrange family are good liars. For a matter of fact almost the whole Black family is!' Both of them were screaming at each other, neither of them wanted to but it happened. 'She wasn't.'

'Harry, I thought you were better, stronger than this. Letting your whole life fall apart just for some girl. Harry there will be others.' Sirius screamed without releasing what he had said. 'Out of all people I thought you would understand.' And with that Harry left the room. Rushing up the stairs towards his bedroom. Sirius fell into complete silence while regret took him over. The house was silent, completely silent. Until Harry passed the painting in the hallway. The painting of Sirius's mother, who immediately began to scream. 'Blood filth in my house. Get out!' Neither Harry or Sirius cared to get her quiet. Sirius felt extremely guilty of what he said, but decided to give Harry some space. And some space he needed.

At Hogwarts the girls still thought of a plan. A plan on how to get revenge on Bellatrix for taking their best friend away. It was harder than Meave thought, even though she hadn't really thought about it. She just felt the need for revenge. It had been months and the feeling did not diminish. It had become stronger every day that past. 'I'm out.' Pansy said at their next meeting. 'Why.' Meave didn't understand. They did this for their bestfriend. Their Annalise. 'We aren't going anywhere. It's not going to work. We can't do anything to get her back. Annalise won't come back. She will never come back. So we either accept it or we will die with the illusion that we still can do something for her. And by that I mean attacking her birthgiver.' They still wouldn't call Bellatrix Annalise's mother, still thought she didn't deserve that title. It was only them. Pansy and Meave in the room of requirement. Hermione's absence was easily recognizable. Pansy seemed more relaxed, more peaceful. Meave on the other hand felt the opposite. She didn't know if it was because of Hermione not being there or the fact that Pansy wanted to back out. 'We can't just accept it. We.. We .. We just can't' She mumbled, avoiding eye contact with the fifth year.

'Meave, we can't do anything.' Pansy whispered. She laid a hand on the first year's shoulder. Just for a second before walking away, leaving the first year alone in the room of requirement.

Meave sat at her bed thinking. Thinking of a plan, now that Pansy stopped and Harry left Hogwarts it was only her and Hermione. So she thought. Just as she got up to go to dinner a note fell out of her book. A little piece of parchment. She folded it open and began to read.

Dear Meave Abbott,

I'm sorry to tell you, but I have to cancel our arrangement. You know what I mean. Now all the notes might be checked, I don't think it a good idea to go into details. I think our arrangement won't work, so I would prefer you don't continue it yourself. Annie wouldn't have wanted that.

Hermione Granger

Meave never felt this alone. She was alone in this. All alone, but alone didn't mean impossible. She immediately began to think again. There was hope, hope in her loneliness.