Chapter Two.

Lilith Turner

This is the third fucking time this man has been out late and has not told me. Now, I am not one to quickly jump to conclusions but from the way Marcus has been acting recently has got me feeling some type of way, and not only has this got me questioning this relationship but, myself.

Every time he looks at me its not the look of love or admiration anymore, more so disgust or disappointment. And he has been really distant. All this has made me look at myself in a way I haven't looked in awhile. Those old emotions of not feeling wanted or loved slowly resurfaced as time passed when he wasn't home or was being cold to me.

I don't know what I did wrong, or what pissed him off. I would ask him what's going on but I am scared. Scared that my question could trigger something and he will go off, due to his recent behavior towards me.

I feel so lonely.

I have nobody but myself, after graduating high school I moved away from my family and they live all the way in Washington while I am here in fucking Italy.

Me and Marcus attended the same college due to us wanting to stay close to one another. Of course, at the time I was so head over heels for him and didn't question or second guess anything we had going on. But now I am starting too.

This behavior of his wasn't here before so why now?

I miss those days, where he wasn't acting the way he was acting now. Who knows how long this side of him will continue to show, I just hope he soon fixes it and we can go back to our old ways. Maybe our love will be bigger than how it was before. I don't know.

It feels as if I am setting my hopes up only for them to be torn down the day he finally decides to leave me.

I just wanna know whats going on and how I can fix it before it's too late. Probably won't know until he decides to finally open up, all this constant thinking of possible reasons is building up a lot of frustration and stress and its not good on me or the baby.

But I can't stop.

No form of technology can occupy my overthinking, I have tried everything. Watching tv, baking, cleaning, listening to music, which usually does the job, but all of them have failed miserably.

Maybe I need some fresh air, ever since I've become pregnant I have been cooped up inside the house. Marcus said its not good for a small woman like me to be out by myself, especially since I am pregnant. But I wasn't going to listen to that BS, not anymore.

I grunted as I slowly stood up, my stomach weighing me down a bit. I waddled over to my closet to which I put on something comfortable and warm. I sighed as the fresh air enveloped me, and the feeling of freedom came blissfully.

Strolling down the side walk, I smiled at the many businesses, glowing and filled with happy faces and warm atmosphere. As pregnant as I am my feet would've given out by now, or I would've been turned back around due to me being more vulnerable to the cold than I was before I was pregnant.

But I didn't feel any of that, I felt complete serene as the street lights twinkled and the sunset creating a beautiful orange-dark blueish hue in the sky leaving me breathless.