chapter seven

The next morning, Willy woke up early. He felt something, or rather someone, shift in his arms. He looked down and saw the face of Jane, who for once didn't wear her wig. He smiled and kissed her head, thinking how lucky he was. He knew he was going to be there for every moment, until he couldn't anymore. 

He felt Jane stir in his arms and groan. she woke up, looking up at Willy, and pressed a kiss to his lips. After a minute, they broke apart as they heard a gasp coming from the door. 

They looked at the door, only to see Noodle standing there. 

"I knew it!" She squealed, jumping up and down in joy. 

Jane laughed at her little friends enthusiasm to see her happy. She got out of bed and changed into a dress that matched Willy's magenta coat, ready for the grand opening of the shop. 

They snuck out and the wash house gang waited inside for Willy to open the shop up. 

Willy sat in the front of the shop, just behind the doors. He looked at the little chocolate bar in his hands and whispered "Here we go mama"

He opened up the doors and walked out to hall of the gallery Gourmet and spoke. "Ladies and Gentlemen, greetings to you all, and welcome to Wonka's. Tremendous things are in store, both literally and metaphorically."

People gathered around and an old man asked "What?, in there?" And he pointed his cane to the run down little store. 

"Humor me" Willy said and leaned forward. 

Close your eyes and count to ten
Make a wish, now open them

The man did as Willy said and when Willy snapped his fingers as the man opened his eyes, the inside of the shop windows had turned, now revealing bright colorful rows of jars filled with candy, and Willy's signature W,  and the top had his name, as there laid a red carpet going out the door. The man looked perplexed. 

Here's a store that's like no other
If it were, I wouldn't bother

Willy walked slowly to the door with the man on his arm. 

Chocolate bushes, chocolate trees
Chocolate flowers and chocolate bees
Chocolate memories that a boy once saved
Before they melted away

The wash house gang held up chocolate bushes, trees, bees and flowers. Willy lid a chocolate looking candle and blew out the match, as the store lit up, showing it's beautiful decor.

A world of your own
A place to escape to
A world of your own
Where you can be free
Wherever you go
Wherever life takes you
This is your home
A world of your own

Willy and the man walked up the pad around the cherry blossom tree, doing silly dances that made Jane giggle silently. Willy looked at her and tipped his hat with a smile that could light up a room

Here is the child that you left behind
Here is the kid with the curious mind
Here is the wonder we used to feel
Back when the magic was real

Customers walked in the shop, tasting the wonderful candy. Willy disappeared out of the boat he  was standing in the cherry blossom tree, smiling at everyone that was in his store. 

A world of your own
A place to go when you're
Feeling alone
Feeling unsure
Embrace the unknown
Enjoy the adventure

Let's go strolling in the clouds
Grab a handful, it's allowed
Clouds are made of cotton candy
Just keep your umbrella handy

He climbed further in the tree, coming out of the top, taking a taste of the cotton candy clouds that hung by his head. He jumped on top of the one Jane was sitting on, smiled at her, as everyone grabbed an umbrella.