𝟚𝟠 - 𝐎𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞

TW- drug use, sexual mentions

I laid there in his bed. The room was pitch black except for the golden orange of the moon that shone down on his face. Or her face. I still couldn't really tell, but that didn't bother me. All I knew was that she was hot and mysterious.
His room was dark and quiet as fuck, almost scarily quiet. I kept wondering if I was going to be murdered that night. We shared one banana shaped pillow, each of our heads on one end of the shape. Her eyes glowed in the moonlight like a werewolf just seconds before turning. She stared at her dark phone screen, watching a horror movie I think.
Suddenly his eyes flicked up towards me and gazed deep into my skull. His stare made me remember that I was actually there in the moment and not just a clump of invisible oxygen. He said nothing. Slowly, his hand brought the blunt back up to his lips and I gulped. He smokes, he drinks, he breaks hearts. And I was already willing to fall in love with him.
Calmly, she looked back at her phone. I released a breath I forgot I was holding and rolled onto my back. My eyes flicked around the dark room, my vision finally adjusted enough to make out the layout again. Maybe if I just stayed asleep I wouldn't feel so intimidated. But maybe my brain also knew that I was quietly craving more of his beautiful face. Her sickening handsomeness.
Soon my senses came back. I remembered I was wearing her shirt and boxers, but we hadn't even had sex? Why had my clothes come off in the first place? Who knows, this was the first time I had ever smoked before so I probably lost my fucking mind. Jesus, I hope to god I didn't embarrass myself in front of him. Although considering how many girls and guys he's been around, I most likely wouldn't have been the first to act a fool.
After recollecting my thoughts, I sighed heavily. He shut his phone off and faced it down, stiffly stretching and scooting closer to me. She put her arm around my waist and pulled me closer to her. I forgot I was sentient for a moment, laying flat as a board. She took off her glasses and placed them somewhere behind her on her large bed. His breath tickled my neck as his nose, and slightly patted lips, laid closer to my shoulder.
It was probably another two hours, or maybe just fifteen minutes, before I fell asleep after her. My mind was too busy and too panicked to make real coherent thoughts. But I was eventually able to just let my mind rest. I would be able to focus in the morning, but for now, I let myself enjoy the attention I was getting.

Word Count: 478
Publish Date: 16 April 2024