10|just like starlight

DAMIAN

The music was louder than anything I had ever heard, but my head was in silence.

She got a Stella.

The truth was pounding, but in a quiet way.

She got a Stella.

My eyes were wide like saucers.

She got a Stella.

Before me.

Obviously, the entire class was just as confused as I was. Staring at her as she stepped onto the stage.

"How did she even get it?" Emile whispered to Ewen, loud enough for me to listen.

"She saved a boy from drowning in the hospital or something." Ewen replied. "But technically, from what I could gather from Becky's screaming, it was her dad who actually saved him."

"So she jumped in the pool? Tsk."

I could've complained along with them, but my lips were sealed.

My brain was overflowing with thoughts..

No way.

That stupid girl actually did it.

That stupid girl.

"We are here today to award this Stella Star to Anya Forger of Cecil Hall," The announcer's voice boomed in the assembly hall. "For the meritorious deed of helping to save another's life. Congratulations to Anya Forger."

See what he said, "helping to save"! She helped to save another's life. That's way different from actually saving someone.

Nevertheless, everyone clapped.

She had her smug smirk plastered on her face, and she was staring...AT ME. As if telling me, "See, I'm smart enough."

I glared, my eyes burned into hers, but it seemed to make no difference at all.

That stupid girl.

I can't believe she actually beat me.

"Anya!" Becky yelled, hugging Anya tight once she got off the stage. "You got the Stella Star before anyone else can! You did it!"

"An exceptionally elegant feat, Miss Forger." Henderson also came to congratulate, his hands clasped behind his back.

"Good grief." I groaned as more people came to congratulate her.

"What is it, Sy-on Boy?" Anya smirked.

"Oh nothing. I was just wondering how long it'll take before you realize they gave it to you by mistake." Was what I could manage to quip back.

"Hah!" Becky laughed as she exchanged glanced with Anya. "Can't even think of a better combat."

I rolled my eyes. As if that was good to be begin with.

With that, the assembly was over, and school was over. Me and the guys went back to our dorm, and I landed face first onto my bed.

"Let's hang out tonight, Lord Damian." Emile suddenly announced. "I mean...can we?"

"Where to?" I raised a brow.

"Oooh, what about the old observatory? We can bring snacks to look at the stars!" Ewen suggested enthusiastically.

"Sure, I guess."

I wasn't in the mood for food or stargazing, but it was better than thinking of what had happened today. The horror of my dad seeing what had happened weighed heavily on my mind.