INLOVE

"Finally, exams are over, Mia, yeah!" said the girl, her voice filled with exuberance as she clapped her hands

said the girl, her voice filled with exuberance as she clapped her hands. The sun was shining brightly, casting a warm glow over the two friends standing outside the school gate. Mia grinned, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "I'm really happy too. So, what are your plans for the summer holidays, Bai?" she asked eagerly.

Bai's smile faltered slightly as she thought about her summer plans. "I am going to stay at home because my mom and dad are really busy with their office work, so they won't be able to take me anywhere," she said, her voice tinged with disappointment as she pouted.

"Hey, don't be sad. How about you come with me? I'm going to my grandmother's house in Chengdu. It's going to be fun for sure," Mia suggested, her eyes shining with excitement.

"Oh, that sounds great, but I think I want to stay at home, relax, and read historical books," said Bai, her spirits lifting at the thought of immersing herself in the world of books. Then Mia said teasingly, "You mean romantic historical books, right?" Bai chuckled, "Yeah, yeah, romantic historical books," she said, joining in Mia's playful banter.

As Mia's bus approached, she said hurriedly, "Oh my bus came, okay bye, do call me, and let's meet after I come back from my grandma's house." "Okay," said Bai, waving her right hand as she watched Mia board the bus.

Walking back to her house, Bai pondered over her summer plans. 'I have read all the books at home; maybe I should buy a new one,' she thought. Making a spontaneous decision, she headed to a nearby bookstore.

Entering the familiar bookstore, Bai was greeted warmly by Mrs. Wang, the owner. "Bai, how are you? I haven't seen you for literally two months. Where have you been?" Mrs. Wang asked, a smile lighting up her face. Bai explained that she had been busy with exams and was now looking forward to relaxing and reading.

"I hope your exams went well. You came at the right time; yesterday only we bought new books. They are on the fifth row shelf; you can check them," Mrs. Wang said, pointing towards the shelves. Bai thanked her and headed towards the fifth row shelf, her eyes scanning the titles of the books.

As she perused the books, one particular title caught her attention – "INLOVE". Intrigued, she picked up the book and read the synopsis on the back cover. The story seemed interesting and promised to be a captivating read. Without hesitation, Bai decided to purchase the book.

"Mrs. Wang, I'm going to buy this one. What's the cost of this?" Bai asked, placing the book on the counter. Mrs. Wang checked the price and said, "Oh, this one is ¥94." Bai handed over the money, and Mrs. Wang wrapped the book in a plastic bag and handed it to her.

"Okay, bye, Mrs. Wang. I'm going to come again after I finish reading this book," Bai said, waving as she left the store. "I will be waiting," Mrs. Wang called after her, her smile warm and inviting.

Bai walked back home. As Bai stood outside her house, the sun beat down on her, the heat of the day almost palpable. She rummaged through her bag, searching for her house key, her forehead creasing in concentration. Just as she found it, the door swung open, and Mrs. Li, her family's devoted maid, greeted her warmly. "Miss, you are back! Come inside quickly; it's scorching out here."

Bai's heart sank as she realized her parents were once again too busy to welcome her home. "That means Mom and Dad are busy again. I have to stay alone," she murmured, a hint of sadness in her voice. Mrs. Li, noticing Bai's disappointment, tried to cheer her up. "Don't worry, miss. I'm here with you. And, oh by the way, I made your favorite Tofu and Mushroom Stir Fry, Braised Bamboo Shoots, and Vegetable Fried Rice. So, hurry and freshen up," she said, her smile warm and comforting. Bai's heart swelled with gratitude towards Mrs. Li, who had always been there for her in her parents' absence.

"Really? You're the best! Okay, then I'm coming fast," Bai exclaimed, her mood brightening. She hurried up the stairs to her room, eager to freshen up after her long day. After dropping her bag, she made her way to the bathroom, the cool water of the shower soothing her tired muscles.

Emerging from the shower, Bai felt refreshed and rejuvenated. She descended the stairs to find the tantalizing aroma of her favorite dishes wafting from the kitchen. Mrs. Li had outdone herself, and Bai ate to her heart's content, savoring each bite.

After satisfying her hunger, Bai returned to her room. Sitting on her bed, she picked up her phone from the study table, intending to call her parents. However, she was surprised to see four missed calls and seven messages from her mom. Curious, she opened WeChat to read her mom's messages, wondering why her parents had been trying to reach her.

Mom
Honey , I'm sorry your dad and I are really busy . So we won't be able to   come home today

Mom
We also won't be able to come for the next 4 days'

Mom
I hope you don't mind .

Mom
Btw i said Mrs. Li to make your favourite dishes. So please don't be angry at me and your dad .

Mom
Honey

Mom
Bai dear

Mom
Bai dear please message me when you are online , your dad and i are gonna come home as soon as possible , okay bye .

Liu Bai

Okay mom, don't worry I'm okay , take your time .

Liu Bai
Bye love you ❤️ .

As Bai sat on her bed, the realization that her parents were once again on a business trip weighed heavily on her. "Uff, they are again on a business trip," she sighed, feeling a twinge of loneliness. "It's really boring too. Let's check out the new book," she decided, eager for a new adventure within the pages of a book.Setting her phone down on the table lamp beside her bed, Bai made her way to her study table where the new book lay, wrapped in a plastic bag. She carefully unwrapped it, savoring the anticipation of diving into a new story.Returning to her bed, Bai settled in, the soft comforter enveloping her as she opened the book. The room was quiet, save for the gentle rustling of pages as she turned them. The story unfolded before her eyes, painting vivid images in her mind.