CHOOSE AN EMPRESS

In the grand courtyard of the imperial palace, the air was thick with anticipation as the sound of clashing swords echoed off the stone walls

In the grand courtyard of the imperial palace, the air was thick with anticipation as the sound of clashing swords echoed off the stone walls. Huan Chen, the crown prince of the Qing Dynasty, stood tall and proud, his eyes ablaze with determination. Opposite him, Liu Jun, his childhood friend and rival, matched his intensity, his stance steady and focused.

The two young men circled each other, their swords flashing in the sunlight. Huan Chen's reputation as a skilled warrior was well-known, but Liu Jun was no slouch either, known for his speed and agility. As they clashed, the sound of steel meeting steel rang out, each strike calculated and precise.

As the battle raged on, it became clear that Huan Chen had the upper hand. His years of training and natural talent were evident as he slowly pushed Liu Jun back, his attacks becoming more aggressive and relentless. Despite this, Liu Jun fought on valiantly, matching Huan Chen blow for blow.

In a moment of respite, their swords paused, and words were exchanged between the combatants. "You're getting slow, Liu Jun. Have you been practicing enough?" taunted Huan Chen with a smirk.

"I could ask you the same, Huan Chen. You may be the crown prince, but you won't win this easily," replied Liu Jun, sweat glistening on his brow.

Their banter was interrupted by another flurry of strikes and parries. The clang of metal on metal filled the air, accompanied by the heavy breathing of the combatants.

After a particularly intense exchange, Huan Chen paused, looking at Liu Jun with a mixture of respect and challenge. "You're improving, Liu Jun. I can see it in your technique. But you still have a long way to go to beat me."

"I'll take that as a compliment, Huan Chen. And don't think I'll go down without a fight," retorted Liu Jun, a determined glint in his eye.

With renewed vigor, the two friends-turned-rivals resumed their battle, their swords dancing in the sunlight as they continued their fierce and exhilarating contest.

As the battle raged on, it became clear that Huan Chen had the upper hand. His years of training and natural talent were evident as he slowly pushed Liu Jun back, his attacks becoming more aggressive and relentless. Finally, with a swift and decisive strike, Huan Chen landed a blow on Liu Jun's hand, causing blood to spurt from the wound. Liu Jun gritted his teeth in pain but refused to yield, his determination shining through despite the injury.

Huan Chen, recognizing his victory, lowered his sword and extended a hand to help Liu Jun up. Despite their intense rivalry, there was a deep respect between the two men, born from years of friendship and competition.

“Let's go and mend your wound” said Huan Chen.

As Huan Chen and Liu Jun left the courtyard, the adrenaline of battle began to fade, replaced by a sense of camaraderie. Huan Chen led the way to his chambers, where he summoned a maid and requested the ancient first aid box of the Qing Dynasty.

"Please bring the first aid box," he instructed the maid. "And fetch some water as well."

As the maid hurried off to fulfill his request, Huan Chen turned to Liu Jun. "Let me see your hand," he said gently, concern evident in his voice.

Liu Jun held out his injured hand, wincing as Huan Chen examined the wound. "It's not too deep," Huan Chen remarked, relieved. "But it will need to be cleaned and bandaged."

As the maid returned with the first aid box and water, Huan Chen let the maid clean and bandage Liu Jun's wound . Liu Jun winced at the sting of the antiseptic, but he bore the pain stoically.

As the maid finished tending to Liu Jun's hand, the two men sat in silence for a moment, the weight of their earlier battle hanging between them. Finally, Liu Jun broke the silence.

"You know, Huan Chen," he began, "soon you will be king. Have you thought about choosing an empress?"

Huan Chen looked up, surprised by the question. "I haven't given it much thought," he admitted. "But I suppose it's something I will have to consider."

Liu Jun nodded knowingly. "All the noble ladies will be vying for your attention," he said with a smile. "You'll have your pick of the most beautiful and talented women in the kingdom."

Huan Chen chuckled. "I think I'll leave that decision for another day," he said. "For now, let us focus on your recovery."

With that, the two friends settled into an easy conversation, their bond strengthened by their shared experiences and the trials they had faced together.