𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠

As early as 5:30AM the next day, Rebecca was already up and about. She had already finished showering and was about to get dressed when her phone pinged - notifying her someone messaged her.

'Who in the goddamn earth is messaging me this early?' Rebecca wondered. She went towards her study table and got her phone; unlocked it and clicked on the message.

[Unknown number]:

Good morning, my love. I didn't sleep that much that's why I messaged you this early - that is if you're wondering. I could not sleep because I was excited. Excited for this day. You know why? It is because I'll be fetching you from your home today and drive us to work. But we stop by a diner first, okay? I'm famished. See you later, baby.

Rebecca stared at the message perplexed. She couldn't help but wonder who this person was and how they managed to get her number. She contemplated answering it but of course curiosity sometimes won that's why she decided to reply.

(Note: contact name on the right is Freen's contact name for Becky. While on the left is Becky's contact name for Freen.)

[Mrs. Rebecca Chankimha]:

First of all, don't call me 'baby' or 'my love'. You are corny as hell. Second, I don't even know you. So why should I believe you and go with you? Lastly, how did you get my number?

Right when she hit send, a reply came from the unknown number.

[Unknown number:]

Oh by the way, it's me, your future husband. ;⁠)

[Mrs. Rebecca Chankimha]:

??????

[Unknown number]:

Just read your first text right now and I must say, you are hurting my feelings. One, why should I not? It's not corny, it's sweet! You're gonna be my future wife so get used to it. And, I'm the CEO of the company you are working for, of course I have your employee profile. It has your phone number on it, or did you forget?

Wait. Pause.

CEO

Company.

Okay, it's Freen.

It's Freen???

[Mrs. Rebecca Chankimha]:

What the hell, Freen? It's you? Oh my god. You should have just told me right away when you first texted me, you know. Could have saved us the trouble and time.

[Freen]:

I'm so sorry, my love. It won't happen again. Tell me how I can make it up to you?

Rebecca smiled and thought. She could use a little bit of break, away from all the troubles and stress she has gotten from this week. Maybe this could also be a way to get to know Freen better. And maybe get closer to her.

[Mrs. Rebecca Chankimha]:

Waffle House. 7 AM.