Part 6

Dinner with my soon to be in-laws.

I kissed the boys and told them grandfather is going to read them their bedtime story tonight, I'm having dinner with Robert and his family, PJ asked did they have a dog, I told him I don't know, he said find out they can play with the dog if they do.

Grandfather came into the room, I told him I'm about to leave don't let the twins talk him into giving them cookies, he said he's got everything under control with them, I said okay just one cookie I know him. He walked me downstairs, he asked me is there something I should be telling him, I said I think I told him everything about the boys.

Pierre, I'm not talking about the boys I'm talking about you marrying this Robert guy that you haven't introduced the family to, he said Manny told him I'm engaged.

I know I should've told you grandfather, I just haven't had a chance, and Robert is a great guy and he already loves the twins, grandfather said he had Robert checked out so he knows all about him, he asked me did I tell my mother, I said not yet. Grandfather said he finds it odd that I haven't told her, am I sure I want to marry him, or am I waiting for James to come back because knowing James he will come back.

I told him I don't give a damn about James, he made his choice and it wasn't me or our sons, grandfather said he hears me saying that, but what does my heart say, I told him I know he means well but I have to live my life, I told him I won't be to late and I left and headed to Robert's place.

Why did grandfather have to bring up James, I know I love Robert and the twins like him, ever since they met him and took them to the park, and we're going away this weekend like a family that James abandoned. I got to James, I mean Robert's place I could hear music coming from his apartment bae loves those old songs, before I could ring the doorbell the door opened. he kissed me and said I look great, I told him I hope his family likes me, he said they will, he said we can go now he'll drive he turned the music off and we left.

I asked him what was that song he was listening to, he said the temptations Paul was leading, the song is called don't look back, I said okay I heard of the temptations, but not this Paul guy he was talking about. We got downstairs and into the car, bae didn't turn on the radio he just held my hand.

As we were driving, I told Robert his parents don't live far from the Alexander compound he could've just picked me up, he said he knows but if I came to his place I could come up and we could do it, I told him I knew it he just wants me for my body, he said he wants me for everything the body is a bonus. We pulled into the driveway Robert said funny he grew up right here funny we never met until now, I told him I mostly went to school in Europe until I got bored and came back to the states.

We got out of the car, I told myself not to be nervous after all I'm an Alexander, Robert held my hand as we walked to the door, it came open and this little man said welcome master Robert his family is waiting for us in the living room. Robert introduced me and said Adan has been with the family before he was born, we walked in and the house was old looking to me I guess there old money like my family.

Sidney said it's about time we got here he's hungry, he shook my hand and Robert introduced me to the rest of the family, like I said Sidney could be Robert's twin but his brother Matthew looks like him too only older, his dad was a handsome man and his mom was beautiful I can see why Robert is so fine.

We sat down and I told his mom the house is very nice, she said call her Brianna since we're going to be family, damn Robert didn't tell me he told his family we're engaged. She said now show her pictures of my twins she's sure I have pictures, Sidney said can't that wait he's hungry, Adan came in the room and said dinner is served.

We went into the dining room and I sat next to Robert, maybe I didn't have to be nervous after all, we talked and Mr. Wilcox told me to call him John, he asked me what I did for the Alexander Group, Robert said I'm not in the family business, Matthew said oh I just like the profits have I ever worked or am I just a jet setter. I told him I do sit in on board meetings and I know how our family business is ran, and since we don't have stock holders we only answer to my grandfather, I felt Robert tap my foot, I hope I didn't say to much.

After dinner we went back into the living room, Brianna asked have we set a wedding date, bae told her not yet, Matthew asked how does that work when it's  a same sex couple who's last name do we use, Robert said he has no problem taking the Alexander name. John told them don't start he means it, after he said that I could tell Robert and Matthew don't get alone, Sidney on the other hand seems like he's very supportive of Robert.

Brianna said now show her the pictures, I took out my phone and pulled up the pics, Robert gave her the phone, she said wait this is Lisa Hollens grandson, Robert told her the Hollens kidnapped one of the twins. John said he thinks he heard something about that, and the Hollens were found dead in Turkey, Robert said he's sure I don't want to talk about them.

Brianna said the families have to meet, I told her I'll have to call my mother she's in Europe, she said do that and she'll arrange for the families to meet, Matthew said speaking of family what about the twin's other father is he in their life, Robert told him he knows what he's trying to do, and it won't work.

Robert told his family it's getting late we're going to leave now, I told everyone nice meeting them, Matthew told me to keep an eye on Robert maybe he has changed, we just left. In the car Robert said as I can see he and Matthew don't get along, I said that was easy to see and I won't ask why.

Bae said the only reason he sees his niece and nephew is because of Matthews wife there going through a divorce and he blames him because Matthew was cheating on her with one of his friends. I said so the things Matthew said about him was out of spite, Robert said he had a past after his last dude but what we have is real.

We got to his place and went up to his apartment, we didn't even make it to the bedroom we had sex on the floor, Robert said he can't wait to be my husband. I told him we do have to set a date, bae said after I call my mom and let her know because his mom will try and run everything. His mom is just glad Mat gave her grandchildren, and Sidney doesn't stay with the same female too long he doesn't stay in the same place to long either.

I told him I better head home, he told me to call him when I get home, I told Robert tomorrow after the boys get out of school we'll head to my beach house, I'm having someone open the house up.

Bae kissed me, he did ask about the sleeping arrangements this weekend, I told him he can sleep in the guestroom, but once the boys are asleep he can come to my room I'll lock the door, he said sounds good to him I told him good night and walked to the elevator I got on, other than Robert and Matthew having words I think his family likes me.

I got to my car and I smelt cologne it wasn't mine, maybe it was the valet he did say he might have to move my car, I drove away the radio was on playing an old Cher song, I don't even listen to her, but this songs words were do you believe in life after love, what was I supposed to do sit around and wait on you, I can't do that.

I turned the radio off that's something to think about, but I do have a life after love, and it's with Robert, I got home and checked on the boys there fine, I went to my room and got undressed and climbed into bed and called Robert. He said great minds think alike he was about to call me, we talked for an hour and I said goodnight and I love him he said so does he, I said very funny silly, he said he loves me more and we both hung up.

Why was that song in my head, I sat up in bed and googled Cher's song, do you believe in life after love, I listened to the words, and I can only speak for myself I can have a life after loving James, maybe I'm too good for him, no I won't bad mouth him.

I looked up that song Robert was listening to the temptations don't look back, I found it and listened to the words, if it's love that you're running from, there's no hiding place, (you can't run, you can't hide) Love has problems I know, but there problems we'll just have to face.

If you just put your hand in mine, we're gonna leave all our troubles behind, we're gonna walk and don't look back, don't look back baby. The place behind you, let them remind you, if your first lover broke your heart, there's something that can be done) You don't run, you don't hide, because of what he's done.

So, if you just put your hand in mine, we're gonna leave all our troubles behind, keep on walking and don't look back, forget about the past now, love can be a beautiful thing though your first love let you down keep on walking and don't look back, I know we can make love bloom, baby the second time around. So, if you just put your hand in mine, we're gonna make it, keep on walking and don't look back, damn that song is me some people are put in your life for a reason, and Robert is in my life for good things, I laid down and held my pillow.

Soon I'll be holding my man.