Date! (For real this time)

Vee and Masha went to the Farris wheel, leaving Cat and Gus to do whatever they wanted. The two walked around the fair for a bit looking around. Cat was in awe of everything, so much so that she couldn't decide where to go first. Gus couldn't help but find this behavior adorable. In a certain way, it reminded him of his and his friends' reactions when they first saw this world

“Ohhhhhh, Gus, what is that?!” Cat asked, pointing at a booth

“It's a fair booth, you know, like ones that have carnival games.”

“No, not that.” Cat pointed again but this time at a big plush dinosaur, “That!”

“Oh, that's a dinosaur plushie.”

“I don't recall reading anything about those, what is it?”

“It's an extinct animal that died off a very long time ago in this world.” Gus explained, “Now all that is left are their bones.”

Cat looked at it and was just mesmerized by its cute face, “Were they this cute when they were alive?”

Gus shook his head, “Nope! They made a Slitherbeast look like a puppy, they even made 6 movies in this world about them.”

Gus noticed the way Cat looking at the stuffed toy.

“Do you want it?”

Cat turned her attention to Gus, “Don't you have to win it?”

“I can win it!” Gus replied as he went up to the game and spoke to the vendor. “Excuse me, I'd like to give it a try.”

The vendor gave Gus three small basketballs, “Okay kid, all you have to do is get three straight goals in the moving hoop. Good luck!”

Gus took a deep breath, aimed, and shot the ball. Gus made the first two but missed the third.

“Can I try again?”

The vendor nodded, “As long as you got the funds you try a hundred times if you want.”

Gus tried again but with the same results. On the fifth attempt, Gus made all three winning the plush for Cat. Gus handed it to Cat who immediately started hugging it. Shortly after, they left the stall.

“Thank you, Gus,” Cat exclaimed, “but you didn't have to try so many times to get it for me.”

Gus shrugged his shoulders, “It's no big deal, I could tell how much you liked it.”

“I should use a spell to put it away until we get home.”

“Just make sure no one is looking…”

“Don't worry, I-I-I achoo!” Cat said, letting out a small sneeze, “Excuse me…” She said with a small blush.

Gus lightly laughed, “You sneeze like a kitten!”

Cat laughed back, “Makes sense considering my name.”

The two laughed together until Gus noticed Cat’s ears were out.

“Cat! Your ears!” Gus said with a worried tone.

Cat quickly hid her ears, “Must have happened when I sneezed. Do you think anyone saw?”