Epilogue: The Wedding

Two years later...

Fairy lights of blue, green, and gray strung along their new backyard fence. Streamers of the same color blew in the wind while chairs were already filled with various friends and very few family members. Eileen watched it all from the window of her new little home. With a sigh, her hands brushed down her a-line dress, feeling the bead beneath her.

It had taken a lot of hard work and sweat to get here. Plus a little payment from Pavel for the whole journey thing didn't hurt. She turned her head as the door clicked open. "Are you ready?" Loreen peeked her head through. "It's almost time."

Three more heads peaked out behind her. Carly, Asuria, and Etta all beamed at the sight of her. "You look amazing, Eileen."

Her face flushed at the compliment. "Thank you, Asuria." Reaching up, she touched her birdcage veil. "Honestly, I feel amazing."

"You look amazing," Carly gushed. "You're glowing!"

"Alright, alright enough talk." Etta gestured for her to join. "It's almost time for the wedding!" Grabbing her blue bouquet of flowers, she followed behind her bridesmaids. Etta looped her arm with hers. "Don't want to keep your man waiting."

Chuckling, she let Etta hurry her out the room. As she reached the back door, the music started. Her heart flipped. Here we go. Her grip tightened as each of her bridesmaids stepped out. And then it was just her. Her steps moved down the aisle as her mind remained fixed on one destination only, to get to the one who stared at her with pure, unwavering love.

Standing in front of him, she bounced on her heels with a bubbling experiment. "Dear beloved we have gathered here today-" Skip,skip,skip! Eileen thought, her chest nearly threatened to burst at the excitement. Ursus's lips twitched. As they each said their I dos, a little mini Donovan walked up to them with their rings on a pillow.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss-'' The priest didn't even get to finish as Ursus dipped and kissed her breathless. Cheers fell through the crowds until Pavel had to clear his throat and remind them to stop. Chuckling, she grabbed his hand and laid her head on his shoulder as they headed down the aisle.

****

"He loves you." Loreen shook her head. "He looked ready to cry at the sight of you walking down the aisle." She gave Eileen's hand a small squeeze. "You found a good one, EIleen."

"I know," she whispered, watching him glide across the wedding floor with the queen. She was so grateful to Ursus for protecting Pavel, that she had made him an honorary advisor and royal protector. Not only that, but she had finally started to treat him like a son.

Eileen knew there would always be some tension there, but she also knew that Ursus was happy to at least have one parental figure in his life. Despite having to keep their secrets from her friends, Eileen was more than happy for them to share this moment.

"Now we will have our first dance by the couple."

As the music started up again, Ursus made his way to her. "May I have this dance?" She grabbed his hand. "You may." Standing in each other's arms, they moved back and forth in a swaying motion to the beat of the music.

"You know, when you first met me that night, I didn't know what to expect." His smile softened. "I mean, who lets a stranger they hardly know stay with them for the night?"

"Me apparently," she chuckled. "Not my greatest moment."

He spun her around. "But look where we are now."

"Ursus."

"Hmm," his smile softened. "What is it?"

"You know what I realized that day you told me everything."

His eyebrow rose. "What?"

Wrapping her arms around him, they continued swaying to the beat. Right here, right now they were in their own little world. Everything was finally perfect. "I realized that even after everything, I knew I would follow you to the ends of the universe."    

****

Hey guys, Silver here. Thank you for reading my story To The Ends of The Universe. I hope you enjoyed Eileen's and Ursus's story as much as I did. Now if you wouldn't mind:

1 Thoughts about the time skip? Yes or no? Should I weave it into the chapter 2 once ONC is over?

2. Thoughts about a prequel? Seeing the adventures Eileen and Ursus went on before they officially became a couple? Any thoughts on a spin-off? (no promises)

3. Finally, who was your favorite character and what was your favorite moment with them?

Once again, I hope you enjoyed the journey as much as I did. Talk to you later!