Chapter 3

The sun was glaring into Maddy's face. Kobuk was licking her.

"Wha-? Kobuk, stop it! Kobuk, what is going on? Where are we?" She sat up and rubbed her eyes. Then she remembered. She had moved into a hotel room in London. She checked her phone. Nine- thirty. She had something to do at ten... what was it? What Was It?! Alex! She was supposed to meet Alex for breakfast at ten! She catapulted out of bed and got dressed in a flash. She told Kobuk to behave and raced down to breakfast. Alex was waiting for her right where he said he would be.

"Good Morning!"

"Good Morning!"

"Breakfast?" he said, extending his arm.

"Why yes. Thank you, sir," Maddy said in a playful tone.

They walked down to the restaurant.

"Breakfast for two, please," Alex asked the waitress.

"Of course."

"Thank you."

It seemed, to Maddy, that the waitress gave them the best seat in the house. They sat and ordered their food. While they were eating, they talked about themselves. Maddy learned that Alex was going to Cambridge, had an extensive family, and had three dogs. She told him she was going to vet school, left because of her bullies, and only had Kobuk and her Mom. She learned that Alex was 23 and told him she was 22. After they had breakfast, Alex insisted on paying the bill. They went up to her room and picked up Kobuk. Upon adding Kobuk to their little group, they walked around the city center, and he pointed out all the beautiful landmarks around, including the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, and Westminster Abbey. Then he took her back to her hotel. When they got back, he walked her to her room.

"I would invite you in, but I have boxes, luggage, and stuff all over. I need a place."

"That is ok! See you tomorrow?"

"Sure, if you want."

"Of course! Same time, same place?"

"Ok!"

Maddison and Kobuk entered their room. Kobuk immediately went and drank some water. Maddy went into the bedroom and changed into some comfy clothes. She then took her stuff out and piled it on the bed. She then proceeded to repack in a much better manner than before. After she had repacked, she ordered dinner as room service. She then called the front desk.

"Hello, Concierges. How can we help?"

"Hello, I was wondering if I can get packages delivered here to my room?"

"Of course, you can; just make sure you put the room number and the hotel's address on it."

"Ok, Thank you!"

After she hung up from the concierge, Maddy grabbed her laptop and ordered dog food for Kobuk while waiting for her food. Afterward, she showered, ate, set her alarm, and fell into bed again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beep, Beep, Beep! Maddy's alarm was going off.

"Uggggggggggh!" She groaned. "Oh! Alex!"

This was the fifth day since she arrived in London, and she had spent every day since then with Alex. She was looking forward to every day. She vaulted out of bed and fed Kobuk before getting herself ready for the day. She put Kobuk into his new cage, which she had purchased from Harold's during their excursions, and headed for breakfast with Alex.

"Good morning!" She greeted him.

"Good morning! Shall we?" He responded.

"We shall."