Chapter 4

"Checking out?" Holly was on again today. It seemed she only worked a few days a week.

"Yes, thank you so much for the stay; it was amazing. How much?"

"Oh, no need to worry about the bill; your BOYFRIEND picked it up for you," Holly said, her voice dripping with jealousy.

"My BOYFRIEND?"

"Yeah, that guy you spend so much time with," Holly said, her voice still dripping with jealousy.

"Oh, he's just a friend."

"Who pays for your bills?"

"Ummm.... Yes?"

"Sure. Tell yourself that. Tell the media, too."

"The media? What are you talking about?"

"You don't know? Well, well, well!" She said gleefully and with a smirk. "If you don't know, there really is nothing to worry about."

"Tell me, please?" Maddy begged her.

"No. It's way too much fun to see you like this. I have other customers to serve." Holly said in a blatant dismissal.

Maddy shrugged her off and went outside to supervise loading her things into the taxi she would take. After packing her things, she got into the car extensively, thanking the footman who had to load them.

"Neville Park please." She told the driver.

"Sure thing, Miss. Do you have a specific house?"

"OH! Um... Let me get that address for you in just a moment." Maddy said, surprised that she did not know the address. She pulled out her phone and texted Alex. He responded not a minute later, saying he was sorry for forgetting to tell her and giving her the house number. "It's 238 Neville Park."

"Gotcha, miss." The cab driver said, pulling out from the hotel's drive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cab pulled up to the curb of Maddy's new home, where Brianna was sitting on the steps, this time in jeans and a tee shirt. When she saw Maddy in the car, she jumped up and rushed down to greet her. When Maddy exited the vehicle, Brianna ran over to her and hugged her.

"I just knew you would go for it! It really is the perfect house!" She exclaimed

"Brianna? What are you doing here?"

"Well, I had to bring you the papers to sign, and Alex had mentioned that he could not be here to help you move in, so I figured I could help! We can go shopping for furniture and everything! I have nothing else to do today, so I'm all yours! Unless... You don't want help?"

"Are you joking? I would love it! Thank you!"

"Ok, then! Let's get these boxes inside and see what we need!" Brianna said, grabbing a box the cab driver had set on the curb and walking inside. Maddy grabbed a box and, with Kobuk trailing behind, ran to catch up with her. They set the boxes down in the kitchen and, after checking that the backyard gate was closed, let Kobuk run free out there while they got the rest.

"I don't have anything labeled; this was a last-minute kind of thing," Maddy said apologetically.

"That's okay! Here," Brianna said, tossing Maddy a box cutter. We can just organize it now! Or should we get furniture first?"

"Furniture seems like a good place to start," Maddy said.

"Ok, let's go then," Brianna said, grabbing her car keys from the counter. "Let Kobuk in, and we will go."

Maddy let Kobuk in and put him in his cage. "Let's go then!"

A/N Comment if you like and ideas for future Chapters.