Prologue

Note: The first few chapters will show interpersonal relationships. Establishing them will provide a clear view of the battle.

Emily, a scientist, went to an abandoned building and fumbled in the dark, accidentally breaking a jar and getting soaked in a green liquid. After a few minutes she sees that her skin is rotting away, she stars craving raw flesh and her mouth salivating. She starts panicking but eventually she felt her consciousness slipping away. Before that she makes a last attempt to communicate with her team and inform them about her condition and fainted.

She woke up, startled, as if, having a bad dream. She heard strange growling sounds. Turning around she saw a rotting corpse walking towards her. She attempted to run but fell down. She started backing into a corner, the zombie attacked her but its hand passed through her. The zombie made several attempts. Emily hid her face behind her arms but not feeling any impact, she started studying the zombie. It was wearing clothes similar to her but torn. A badge was hanging from her shirt...her ID badge. She realised that she was dead.

The mindless zombie was roaming around, looking for food. It saw two travellers walking through the forest. The only disadvantage of zombies is that they are very slow. If one were to joke about their speed, they would say, "The zombies take 3-4 business days to cross a road without traffic." It's a figure of speech, of course. This gives their target a head start. However, despite this advantage, they become fodder because they start panicking.

Noticing the zombie, the travellers started panicking. One of them tripped and fell down. The other traveller tried to help the unfortunate victim but the zombie was too close. Abandoning the victim, who already became cannon fodder, the traveller ran into the house and locked himself. Emily could only watch them helplessly.

The zombie, HER BODY, was tearing her prey's intestines while the other traveller seemed to have tripped and fell down, just like her. As two more souls joined her, they watched their bodies turning into mindless zombies. Is this the start of a zombie apocalypse? Emily could only think, "What have I done!?"