ONE

"What happened why you stopped the car?" Karan asked his driver.

It was around midnight when Karan was going to the airport after his shoot from a village in south India.

"Sir, something is going on over there" The driver pointed out.

Karan looked out and frowned when he saw 2 men dragging a girl towards a place. She was trying to free herself and was yelling and crying for help. There were many people there but no one stepped forward to help her.

He got down of the car and started walking to the place. Once he reached nearer he saw them tying her to the woodsticks on which a dead body lay.

The girl was looking miserable with all the crying and yelling. She was wearing a long plain white skirt and a white blouse with a white duppatta over her head.

"Please don't kill me" She cried and Karan instantly stepped forward and pushed the man aside and started untying her.

"Who the hell are you?" The man shouted and pushed Karan.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" He yelled back and untied the girl.

The girl jumped into his arms and cried on his chest "Please bacha lijiye.. save me please..."

He placed an arm around her back and looked up at everyone there "Why do you want to kill her?"

"She's a widow, her husband died so she has to die with him.." An old lady said.

"Are you all crazy? It's a modern world and this is bullshit" Karan said angrily.

"Just go away from here and let us continue with our tradition" The man said and Karan shook his head "No, this girl will live"

The girl sniffled and trembled in fear, he patted her head and said to her "Don't worry, you're safe"

"If she has to live someone has to marry her. But no one will marry this unlucky girl" The old woman said.

"Marry? So you mean to say she can live if she gets married?" Karan asks and everyone nods.

He looks around and asks "Who will marry her? Can anyone marry her?"

Everyone denies and some say "We don't want to marry this girl because our life is precious to us"

"Haaan iss manhoos se kon bhala shaadi karega"

"Kill her! Jalao ise.."

Everyone started shouting and the girl cried and hugged him more tightly begging him to save her.

"I don't want to die... pleaseee..."

Karan looked down at her and then at others "Let her go... your rules are bullshit"

"Don't teach us our ways Mister! Go away from here and give us the girl" An old man shouted.

"Fine! I'll marry her okay!!" Karan gave up yelling and the chants and shouts stopped.

Everyone looked at each other and Karan said "I'll marry her.."

"Marry right now or else leave her" The old lady stated angrily.

Karan took a deep breath and nodded slowly.

A man came forward with a dagger in his hand making Karan frown "What are you doing?"

"Unfortunately we can't arrange a proper wedding for you both so you gotta fill her hairline with your blood to make her your wife" The villager shrugged.

Karan's eyes widened "What?"

"Show your thumb" The villager demanded and Karan gulped looking down at the girl who was hiding herself in his chest and crying softly.

He forwarded his left thumb and hissed when the villager made a cut.

Karan took a deep breath and looked around to find every eyes on him. The girl looked up at him with doe eyes and tear stained face.

He looked at her ethereal face and filled her hairline with his blood. Tears slipped down her cheeks and he whispered "You're safe now"

"You can take her away with you. If we ever find her here or alone anywhere, we won't think twice before chopping her head off" The old man threatened and everyone dispersed to put fire to the dead body.

Meanwhile Karan said slowly after breaking the hug "Let's go.."

The girl looked behind at the fire which was burning the last remains of her husband.

She then looked at Karan and he started walking away to the car while she quickly started walking behind him.

He reached the car and opened the door for her. She looked up at him before getting in. He closed it and came to the other side. Then he asked his driver to leave while he pulled out his handkerchief and pressed the slight cut on his thumb. He wrapped it around his thumb.

The drive was silent and after about an hour when they reached the airport, Karan saw her asleep against the window. She looked tired and weak.

The driver was about to say something when he signalled him to be quiet.

"Suniye.." He called out softly and she woke up startled.

"Relax you're safe" He said gently and she looked around feeling scared.

"Hum..kahan jaa rahe hain?" She mumbled slowly and he said "Mumbai. Mere ghar"

She bit her lip and looked down.

"Listen, you don't have any other option. If I leave you here, they'll kill you. You need to leave this place.." He said softly and she nodded slowly.

He got down and came to her side opening the door for her. She got out and started following him as he walked through private tunnels.

Karan looked back and found her looking around and walking a bit in fear. He stopped and held her hand "We need to be fast"

He started walking again and she tried to match his big and fast steps. Her clothes were in a miserable state.

They settled down in his private jet. She felt her heat beating fast. Sweat beads appeared on her forehead and Karan after talking to his manager on call, came and saw her state.

He took a seat next to her and instantly she grabbed his arm, holding the shirt's sleeve tightly.

"Shh relax, is it your first time flying?" He asked and she looked at him nodding.

He gave her a small smile and took her hand in his, entwining their fingers together "Main hoon na, trust me"

She nods and the jet takes off marking a new beginning in their lives. What is going to happen once they land in Mumbai? Everything's going to change for them or I must say, everything's changed in their lives the moment he filled her hairline with his blood.

________________________________

Do vote and comment pleaseeeeee🥺❤️

Hope you guys liked the first chapter💗