NINE

Tripura woke up feeling her head aching, but she was surprised to see Karan sleeping right next to her with his arm around her waist.

Last night flashed back, she remembered how  vulnerable she was and she had told him about her past. Her eyes teared up, what must he think of her. She's a disgust. He wouldn't want to keep her here anymore. She easily came out of the bed as his arm was only loosely laying around her.

She reached her room and locked it behind her. Tripura slumped down on the bed and cried into her palms. Why the hell did she tell such things to Karan? How will she face him now...

About an hour later, Karan woke up and looked around to find Tripura in his room. He went to freshen up and came out to find her room wide open. She wasn't here. His heart beat faster and he quickly sprinted downstairs. He went to the lawn where he felt she might be.

Yes, she was there sitting on the couch and looking at the clear cloudy sky.

He slowly approached her and sat next to her clearing his throat which brought her back to reality.

Tripura immediately stood up to leave when he held her wrist stopping her. He stood up and said slowly "Mujhse kyun nazrein chupa rahi ho.."

She tries to free her wrist but instead he comes infront of her, still holding her wrist so that she doesn't run away.

Tripura doesn't look up and feels the corner of her eyes burning.

Karan pulls her chin up and says looking into her moist eyes "You deserve so much happiness and love, you're worthy of it... don't feel disgusted in yourself Tripura... I hope I could help you completely erase those memories but I want to help you to replace those painful memories with good ones.."

A lone tear slips down her cheek and he wipes it shaking his head "Don't cry, I don't like to see tears in your eyes.."

"How did I get so lucky to find you" She murmurs looking at him with teary eyes.

"I'm not that good.."

"You're, I don't know why you deny that you're a good person.."

Karan bites his lip and leaves her wrist "Last night..."

He pauses and looks back at her before murmuring "I was going to Aanya's place to... sleep with her.."

Tripura feels a stab in her chest. She looks away from him feeling hard to control her tears from rolling down her cheeks.

"I've not had a girlfriend but... I do sleep around.."

Tripura feels heavy in her chest and she says slowly still keeping her gaze away "Why are you telling me this.."

"Because since you shared a part of your past, I wanted to let you know something about me... I don't want to give you any fake hopes... I just wanted you to know me.."

This time she couldn't control and tears rolled down her cheeks.

Karan felt bad to hurt her. But she should know it before she gets to know it from somewhere else. Already she doubts him with aanya.

"You hate me now?" He whispered.

Tripura looks up at him and says slowly "Aap hamare pati nahi hain, hum kyun aapse nafrat karenge... aapki neeji zindagi mein aap kuch bhi karen mujhe kyun usse koi shikayat hogi"

The way she's reminding him again and again that he isn't her husband is only frustrating him.

He knows he cleared it to her that itself that she's nothing for him but he ain't liking it when she's reminding him again and again.