SEVEN

"Who the hell has cooked aloo paratha today?" Karan roared seeing the plates setup on the dining table as he came down feeling famished and tired.

The head cook came up with "Sir woh... aaj.."

"Don't you know I have a diet to follow? What's wrong with you?" Karan yelled and Tripura who came out with a bowl of gulab jamuns flinched at his voice.

Karan's eyes softened realising he's not the only one for dinner, these oily food must be for her.

"Where's my dinner?" He asks his cook calmly.

"Sir... this is the dinner.. I did tell mam that you won't have all these but.."

"Wait..." Karan looked at Tripura "You asked him to make all this for both of us?"

"Jee...woh mujhe kuch kaam nahi tha aur khali baithe bore ho raha tha toh maine khana banane ka socha.." Tripura said softly.

"You made all this?"

Tripura nodded and Karan glared at his cook "Why did you allow her to cook?"

Tripura interrupted saving the cook from Karan's wrath "Mujhe khana banana acha lagta hai, inhone bohot mana kiya par mujhe kuch banane ka mann tha..."

Karan looks at Tripura and then at the cook, he signalled him to go and after the cook left Karan gazed at Tripura who had her head hung low.

"Actually.." she looked up hearing him "I'm an actor and I'm on a strict diet.. main yeh sab nahi kha sakta.."

She pouted "Yeh kaisi baat huyi? Aapko pasand nahi yeh sab?"

Karan looked at the parathas and gulab jamun and the butter and curd which watered his mouth.

"I love this all.." he gulped and looked at Tripura with sad eyes "But I can't eat all this, I'm on a diet"

"Why diet?" Tripura looks at him.

"I'm an actor, I need to keep myself fit on screen.." He shrugs and Tripura shakes her head "If you can't have what you like then I think you're just wasting your years"

"What?"

"Yes, if we can't even eat what we want to then how can we get even small happiness, I mean look you have everything... but still you can't eat your favourite food. I hardly used to get opportunities to have my favourite food and I mostly didn't ever get a chance to taste many things ever..." Tripura abruptly stops realising she's telling him about herself.

Karan gives her a small smile "If you've made it, then how can I not have it. I'll work harder tomorrow"

Tripura smile seeing him taking his seat and eating a morsel of aloo paratha.

"Mmmm, it's super yummy" Karan moans and goes on eating while Tripura silently chuckles and sits diagonal to him.

They have dinner and lastly she serves him gulab jamun which he feasts on "Tripura, you're an amazing cook! Damn I loved the dinner today"

Tripura was all smiles feeling happy "I can cook everyday.."

On this Karan looks at her "Oh no, I don't want to burden or trouble you and moreover I can't eat such oily food everyday.. agar aisa kiya na toh they'll kick me out of movies"

Tripura shook her head "It's so bad that you're not able to eat what you like"

Karan gave her a smile "It's okay, sometimes I'll sure have your hand made items"

Tripura smiled at that and Karan was happy that she's smiling and fine now. He doesn't want to bring the topic and upset her yet again.

He looks at the watch which showed 8:30pm and says "Um I won't be home tonight, you'll manage right?"

Tripura's face falls at this remembering he's meeting aanya but she still nods with a small smile.

Karan smiles and then they go to freshen up. After sometime, Karan comes to her room and sees us standing in the verandah with her back to him.

He goes to her and says softly not wanting to startle her "Hey.."

Tripura turns around and mumbles "Hey"

"I got to go now, bye.."

Tripura only nods and he adds "Takecare"

She slightly nods again and feels her chest tightening. She doesn't want him to go away, especially to aanya. What are they going to do so late at night? Why isn't he coming back home?

She had so many questions.... But she doesn't have any right to ask him anything.

Karan who notices her lost and dull face says "Tripura.."

She looks up at him blankly and he says "Are you okay? You wanna say something?"

"Can I ask you something?" She says really slowly but Karan does hear it due to the pin drop silence around them.

"Yes ofcourse you can ask me anything"

"Why won't you be back home?" She mumbles looking at him.

Karan didn't expect this question.

He scratches the side of his head and says "Um, well...uh... Vishal,.. I'm going to meet Vishal and we've planned to have a sleepover.."

Tripura feels her eyes stinging with tears. She tries hard but it does.

Karan who notices it immediately asks "Hey, Tripura what's..."

He steps ahead to cup her face but she steps back halting him in his place.

She rushed out of the room and Karan sprinted behind her. Tripura went to the lawn in the back and let her tears roll down her cheeks.

"Tripura what happened?" Karan asked confused after reaching next to her.

"Mujhe ghar jaana hai.." She mumbles looking down and wipes her cheeks.

Karan stood confused, shocked and what not at the moment... his mind's gone black at the sudden turn in the events.

"Tripura.."

She instantly looks up at him and intervenes with teary eyes "Aap jhoot bol rahe hain, aap Vishal bhaiya se nahi, aanya se milne jaa rahe hain.."

Karan squeezes his eyes and now remembers he confirmed his plan with aanya infront of Tripura just an hour or two back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lie.."

Tripura cuts him saying "I know aap mere pati nahi hain aur na hi main aapki patni aur aapko kuch bhi karne ka pura haq hai, par mujhse jhoot toh mat kahiye..."

Karan looks at her rushing inside the house and he rakes his fingers in his hair cursing himself.

Damn it Karan! Fuck you! Just now her mood got alright and now it's  fucking spoiled again...

He texts aanya saying he won't be able to meet her tonight due to some change of plans.

_______________________________

What the hell is this twist in the story🫠

Why did Karan lie to Tripura?🤦🏻‍♀️

Do vote and comment pleaseeee❤️

If the comments will be less, then the updates will definitely be slower🙈