2

"Piebald? Where'd you go?" Called Oprus. "Oprus, I'm right here" said a voice behind him. Oprus turned to see Piebald. "You tied your mane back" he observed. "Yes, I know you like them" answered Piebald. "I do, they're so cute" said Oprus. "I'm glad you do" replied Piebald pulling him into a hug. "You know, I don't want you to let go" murmured Oprus snuggling closer. Piebald wrapped his wings around them. "Ow" whimpered Oprus. "You ok?" Asked Piebald lifting his wings. "I'm fine, my jaw has been hurting all day though" explained Oprus. "Hun, should I call the doctor?" Asked Piebald. "No, it's just slightly annoying" explained Oprus. Piebald nodded.

"Where are you going?" Asked Oprus. "To the doctor, he wanted to talk to me about something" said Piebald opening the front door. "Alright, don't be long, and before you go, could you tell him I don't feel too well" asked Oprus. "I will, you go rest, and remember to take your meds" called piebald as the door slammed.

"Doc? What did you want to talk about?" Asked Piebald landing next to him. Sigh. "I fear it's only going to get worse, several more ponies has come into the hospital, only halfbred ponies though" said the doctor. "Maybe it's because purebred ponies have access to more medicines?" Suggested Piebald. "Maybe, I've sent word to the higher ups and sent in a few tests, but it seems Oprus has a mutated strand of it, I would like it if you brought him here" explained the doctor. "I will, oh and, he said he wasn't feeling well when I left" replied Piebald.

Piebald stood. "I'll be back with him soon" said Piebald. "Alright, thank you" replied the doctor.

Once home piebald entered. He stopped and gagged. Something was wrong. "Oprus!?" He yelled in a panic. Nothing, no response. Maybe he passed out? Piebald tried to reason. He stopped in the kitchen to take a quick look around. Oprus's veil lay in the skink, drenched in blood. "Ew, the sink is clogged" muttered Piebald looking at the sink. The veil was floating in the sink. He headed to the basement. "Hun are you down here? What happened in the sink?" Called Piebald. Nothing. He flicked the light on. Nothing. The was blood in the bed though. "This is more blood then he's ever vomited up before" noted Piebald hurrying up to the second floor. He opened the bedroom door. "Hun are you-" he started. Movement, in the bathroom.