Fifteen • The Demon Sage

The entire garden of peonies was burned down to ashes. Thea felt guilty for destroying such a beautiful garden. But she had no interest in admiring beautiful peonies when her sister must be crying everyday for her. She could even live in a desert happily if Cynthia was by her side.

Thea was now resting on the ground filled with ashes when she heard his footsteps. She looked up at him who was taking slow steps towards her. There was a small smile on his face.

“Oh, you must be tired after burning down the entire garden,” He smirked.

“I will gladly burn you down too if it was under my capability.”

“Ah, of course, someone who didn't show mercy on delicate peonies won't care about a cursed half-god.”

His words felt like a taunt to her. But she kept glaring at him. He brought it upon himself by abducting her.

Damon snapped his fingers and magically the garden of peonies that Thea burned down to ashes was restored to its original state. Thea gasped in disbelief. Well, she shouldn't be surprised because everything is possible in the magical realm but still, she couldn't help but be surprised.

“Burn it down as many times as you want if it helps you cool down your anger. I will restore it in a second. Have a great time burning down the peonies,” He smiled sweetly and dissappeared into the thin air.

Thea groaned in frustration. Though she was internally relieved that the beautiful garden was back to it's original state.

✿ ✿ ✿

Axlan was walking the length of his bed chamber in frustration and anger. Alarick had again put a curse on him. Now he can't even step out of his bedroom. And if he does, his body will start experiencing extreme pain. But he couldn't even blame Alarick. Because Alarick was cursed to be wrathful. It was the curse making its presence known.

All of a sudden, Damon appeared in the room.

“Axlan,” He called for Axlan who stopped in his tracks and turned around to look at him with a shocked expression.

“Why are you here?” He asked with wide eyes.

“I came to tell you that don't come to meet me again. And that Thea is safe.”

“Why did you abduct Thea?” Axlan asked.

“If I hadn't, Marcus would have abducted her. I'm only trying to protect her.”

“But why would he abduct her?”

Damon sighed, “My half-brother is quite impulsive. Cursing me and Aurore was also an impulsive action. And now, abducting Thea would have been a mistake done in impulsiveness too.”

“Why is he like that? And why other divine beings are still supporting him?” Axlan sat down on the bed tiredly.

“Because it's all happening because of the curse of a demon sage. Marcus had a human lover. Her name was Esmeralda. Unfortunately, on a rainy day, they made out with each other in a cave. Sadly, a demon sage lived in that cave. He was furious to see them making love in a place where he meditated. So he cursed both of them. Their compassion was sucked out by him. Marcus's calmness turned into impulsiveness. His admiration for women turned into lust. In short, all of his positive emotions were replaced by negative ones,” He too sat down on a chair.

“And what happened with Esmeralda?” Axlan asked curiously.

“Just like Aurore, she was also cursed to be born in every century. But because her compassion was sucked out, she must be someone everyone hates.”