1

Author's note: Hello to you. Thank you so much for stopping by to read this novel. It may not be anything close to perfect, but I promise, you won't be disappointed by it. Please support me by voting and dropping your comments, so I can improve with my writing skills. Please and thanks a million.

Leah's POV

Three years ago.....

"I, Alpha Gabriel of the Crescent Moon Pack, reject you as my Luna!" His voice rang through the corners of the forest.

A whimper escaped from Gabriel's mouth, and he clenched his heart in pain; the bond had been broken from his end.

"Reject me, Leah. The rejection cannot work only from my end, so reject me."

Tears welled up in my eyes. I just couldn't do this.

"Why... Why do you reject me, Alpha Gabriel?" I sniffled, my eyes puffy and wet as I spoke with a teary voice.

"I reject you because you are an omega and you are weak, and...."

"Please Alpha Gabriel, I promise that I'm going to be the best Luna to you," I cut him off as I gradually got down on my knees.

****
My mother died when I was just six, leaving me at the mercy of my father and his new mate he had taken just a year after. The news of my mother's death had left me devastated. My father had turned into a devilish monster overnight supporting my stepmother at every blow she delivered to me and watched as she maltreated me as the years went by.

The maltreatment even grew worse by the time I was of age and I hadn't gotten my wolf yet. She would pound and spit at me at every turn and wouldn't fail to remind me of my predicament at the slightest chance she got.

My stepbrother would always tell me that without my wolf, I would never find my mate, and beat me right after. I would scream and yell for help, but no one would come to my rescue. He would leave me lying on the cold floor with bruises that he had imputed on my skin.

I thought myself to be the most unfortunate wolf, and my step brother was right, I would never find my mate. I had attained the age where werewolves would be able to get their wolves and two years had passed and I hadn't shifted, talk more of getting my wolf.

My joy knew no bounds after I met Alpha Gabriel and he sensed that I was his mate.

"You're my mate!" I remembered how surprised he had sounded when he realized that I was his mate. His voice kept ringing in my ear as if we had an encounter just yesterday, when it was two weeks ago.

I tried to block out the events from that night, but the more I tried to push out the memory, the more it kept swirling in my head and with full force. I thought that if I relieved the memory, then it would disappear, so I lay in my bed, curled up, with my clothes and the sheet spread underneath drenched with sweat and tears as I reminisced.

I could barely tell if he was my mate or not but I had sensed his wolf and I knew that he was being serious about me being his mate. I was elated because we had just had a one-night stand and the feeling that I got when he brought me to orgasm was inexplicable.

His smile brought butterflies to my belly and I smiled back at him as I had watched him buckle his belt. He grazed my lips with his thumb and suddenly the expression on his face changed as he removed his hand from my face and took two steps backward.

"What is it?" I remember asking as I stared at him with a confused look plastered all over my features. He kept mute, instead he just kept on staring at me as if I had just morphed into a monster. He walked back up to me and sniffed me.

"Leah," he called with a serious tone. I wondered why there was a sudden change in his demeanor.

"Have I done anything wrong, Alpha?" I asked as I peeled myself from him and looked him in the eye.

"You're my mate!" He exclaimed. I couldn't believe him at first but when he repeated the words and his expression wasn't changing, I knew that he meant it.

My heart soared with joy. Alpha Gabriel was my mate! I had held it excitedly inside my head. The moon goddess was finally smiling at me and soon I would become the Luna to the most powerful Alpha.

I wanted to scream it out to the world that my sufferings were about to be put to an end, but then my happiness had only lasted for a brief moment. He grabbed my arm firmly and began to pull me away from the building that we were in.

I had been too dazed to ask what was going on, and I couldn't break free from his grasp because his strength was unmatched. He let go of my hand suddenly and turned to face me with a look of spite in his eyes.

"I can't believe the moon goddess has chosen you as my mate!" He had bellowed. Heads began to turn toward us and I felt my cheeks flush red with embarrassment.

"How can I, an Alpha, be paired with a peasant like yourself?" He yelled again.

The people who had been passing and going about their own businesses now stopped and turned to face the drama that was unfolding and some had even begun to point and whisper to one another.

Alpha Gabriel, noticing the commotion he was causing, resumed his hold on me and dragged me into the forest knowing that no one would have dared to follow us.

"You despicable creature, how could you possibly be my mate?" He had said to me the moment we were alone and in the forest.

"You are a weakling who belongs to the dust, you do not belong in my class," he spat out the words, each of them coated with spite.

The tears that had welled up in my eyes were cascading down my cheeks and I had wished desperately at that moment that the ground would just open and swallow me instead of letting me bear this shame and embarrassment.

"Reject me now, because I have already rejected you."

"Please, Alpha Gabriel, please accept me as your mate," I said in between sobs and I was already on my knees holding on to his foot. "If you reject me, I will remain without a mate for the rest of my life."

He kicked my hands off his trouser. "Get off of me and reject me now. I'll rather be without a mate than accept you. Don't think because we had sex some days ago, I will accept you. I just hope you'll disappear from my life and never show your face to me, after today. I have never despised anyone the way I despise you, Leah."

I was taken aback by his last words. Tears streamed down my eyes. My stepmom was right all along. I was nothing but unfortunate. I looked up from the ground, hopelessly. "Fine, I'll accept the rejection."

I began to feel dizzy.

I finally said the words. "I, Leah Marina Brown, accept your rejection, Gabriel Nathaniel, as my mate and as my Alpha." I gasped as I felt something grab my heart but I wasn't through yet. "I, Leah Marina Brown, reject Crescent Moon Pack as my home and Pack."

I closed my eyes, crumbling into the floor as tears flowed down my cheeks. With each seizing breath, I could feel the power in my soul draining away in my blood. My breathing began to seize. My eyes began to see blurry things. The pain was making things worst for me.

What was going on?

"Good," he had responded. "You'll be doing me a big favor by leaving this Pack. Now, stop pretending like you are in a bad condition and need my help because I have better things to attend to."

"Alpha Gabriel," I cried out. I couldn't stand up. I was in pains.

"You're too weak, Leah. I won't waste anymore time on you. I have a huge business deal to win. I will rather leave you here to die and go bag the deal, than lose it and save your poor miserable life." He turned his back and began to leave.

I had never felt this embarrassed, and I never thought that the one who the moon goddess chose to be my mate will be the one to humiliate me in this despicable manner.

I slowly rose from the ground. "Mark my words, Alpha Gabriel, you will rue this day," I swore, though it was nothing but a whisper.