6

Leah

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see who it was. It was the woman with Alpha Gabriel.

"Let me make it clear to you, Alpha Gabriel is mine and mine alone. If you think you can take him from me, then you are mistaken," she yelled. "And on that note..." she paused and grabbed a glass of wine, splashing it on me.

I held my breath as the wine soaked my clothes. I just couldn't comprehend what had just happened.

"That's for my boyfriend," she sneered. "Pray we never cross paths again." Then she walked away.

I wiped my face with my hand and gritted my teeth.

I could feel everyone's piercing gaze on me. "Everything is fine," I said with a smile, trying to deflect the attention.

I could hear them murmuring among themselves. I excused myself at once and entered the nearest restroom I could find.

I looked into the mirror, and memories began to flood back into my head. All the humiliation I had endured, everything my family had put me through, how I had been treated like trash for so many years in the past, became fresh memories.

For three years, Alpha Lucas had trained me to be strong and ready to fight back. He taught me never to let anyone who humiliates me go unpunished. I had let him down. I grabbed a tissue and began to wipe the wine off, clenching my teeth as I stared at my reflection.

XXX

The party was over, and we were back home.

"Why did you let her do that to you?" Father asked angrily. "Aren't you tired of being humiliated? Didn't I teach you not to be weak? Haven't you suffered enough? You can't expect anyone to stand up for you because no one will. If you let it slide, she will humiliate you over and over again."

"Alpha Lucas, I didn't mean to," I said. "I was in shock."

"Wake up, Leah. You're not that Leah anymore. You are Luna Leah," Father said, placing his hand on my shoulder. "Promise me this won't happen again."

"I promise," I said, looking at him.

"Alpha Gabriel will regret rejecting you, my child. You and my wonderful grandchild. And as for your family, they should get ready for your comeback. It will be like a sucker punch," Father assured me. I stared at the scars from the bruises my stepbrother had inflicted on me. I remembered the day he had burned my back with an iron. That fateful night, I was sleeping in my room when he came in with a very hot iron.

I sensed it and woke up. I screamed in tears, pleading with him not to hurt me. He had asked me to take off my clothes and lie down. Nervously, I obeyed him, and he burned my back without mercy. My stepmom had always supported his maltreatment towards me. Everyone I came across had mocked me because I had a weak wolf. I was nothing but an unfortunate wolf.

Never had I thought the Moon goddess would turn my situation around.

Flashback;

"Are you a spy?" Alpha Lucas's voice growled from outside the dungeon.

"I'm not," I cried out.

"Why should I believe you?" He asked harshly.

"I swear to the Moon goddess, I'm not a spy," I replied anxiously.

"Then what are you doing in our Pack?" He asked fiercely.

I began to explain everything that had happened to him.

"How can I be certain you are not lying?"

"Allow me to be a slave in your Pack. If I don't serve you well, do with me as you please," I replied.

He eventually agreed and ordered his guards to release me.

I trembled before him.

After two months of serving him, he got attacked by an enemy Pack. I saved his life.

The next day, he made it clear to me that it was just a test. He only tested my loyalty and faithfulness to him, and I proved to him I was a loyal slave.

Then he adopted me and trained me.

×××

"Well, we have a toast to make," Alpha Lucas said, picking up a bottle of champagne from the table.

"A toast to what?" I asked, with a smile. I was lost in thought.

He smiled back. "His Pack was attacked, just as you planned. We are going to toast to your plan being successful."

My smile widened. "Of course."

Alpha Lucas poured me a glass of champagne and handed it to me.

"Anna recognized her father," I said all of a sudden. "What if she grows up and hates me for keeping her away from her Alpha Lucas?"

"He rejected you," he began to say. "To him, you weren't capable of being his Luna. And that was because you had a weak wolf, and he believed you didn't belong to his class. If he could reject you because of that, then he can reject your daughter. Remember she has no wolf."

He was right.

"You're doing your daughter a favor by keeping her away from such a father like Alpha Gabriel," Alpha Lucas said tentatively. "I believe the Moon goddess will give you a second chance mate."

I sipped my drink. "I wish I could see the look on his face after returning to the Pack. I'll make sure his Pack members turn against him."

"I know you will. I have faith in you," he said and started to cough. The glass in his hand slipped and fell.

"Father, what's wrong?" I asked, standing up and catching him from falling. He wouldn't stop coughing.

I called out for the guards.

"Take dad to the car. I will follow behind," I instructed.

I grabbed my phone and called the Pack Doctor.

×××

"What's wrong with him?" I asked as soon as the Pack Doctor walked out of Alpha Lucas's ward.

"Luna Leah, Alpha Lucas has a heart disease. He has been battling with it for years. His wolf has become weak, so it is impossible for him to heal on his own, as he used to do. But do not worry, I'll do my best," Doctor Charles informed me.

"Please do everything to heal him," I pleaded through tears.

"Everything will be fine, Luna. I assure you," he said, squeezing my hand gently. He went back into the ward.

"You took my mom and dad. The two people who cared for me. Then, I had to suffer the consequences of their death. Don't do this to me again," I cried out. "Please heal him, Moon goddess," I prayed while crying.

Alpha Lucas never told me he battled with heart disease. I was so worried and devastated.

My phone buzzed. I glanced at it. A message popped up. 'Leave my Pack out of this. I warn you, Leah."

"Damn bastard," I muttered.