3

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" The first man bellowed.

My heart raced as I searched for the right words, acutely aware of the scrutiny I was under. "My name is..." My words were stuck in my throat, a lump forming as I met their intense gaze. I felt a surge of vulnerability wash over me, my mind racing as I struggled to find my voice amidst the tension. It was as if my tongue had suddenly become tied.

"She's a spy!" The second man said immediately. "Grab her."

And before I knew what was happening, I was yanked up from the ground and carried away.

"Let me go, please! I'm not a spy. I just got lost," I cried but my pleading fell on deaf ears as the men continued their journey until they brought me to their Alpha.

I cowered at the Alpha's feet. I didn't dare to meet his scrutinizing gaze as I kept my head down.

"Who is she?" The Alpha asked, demandingly.

"Alpha Lucas, we found this girl in the forest. We suspect that she might be a spy sent from our enemies' pack."

"Alpha Lucas," I repeated inwardly. So that was the name of the man that made me shudder. The aura that emanated from him was a cold and domineering one.

"Is that true young lady?" The Alpha called in my direction.

"Yes... I mean no. I'm not a spy," I struggled to say as I shook my head frantically. "I was only running from someone who had tried to kill me. I had no idea I had entered another territory," I said, hoping that the Alpha would believe me. But his gaze was cold and intense as he kept it lingering on my body.

"Is that so?" He asked, arching a brow.

"Yes, it's true," I replied, my hands shaking.

"Why do I get the feeling that you might be lying?"

I felt my heart sink at his words. "I swear by the moon goddess, I'm not lying."

"Do you know what I do to spies and people who intrude into my kingdom?" He asked in a low and dangerous tone.

I shook my head. I saw one of the men who had brought me in here, take a thumb to his neck and run it across, gesturing to me that death was the penalty for anyone that intruded.

"Please Alpha, I beg of you. I'm not a spy," I said as I suddenly lost control of my emotions and burst into tears.

"Very well then," the Alpha said and I noticed that there was a sudden change in his tone. There was a noticeable shift from his tone that was once cold to one that was warm and I noticed that I wasn't the only one that was surprised by it. The men that had brought me in here were also surprised.

"Take her to the maid's quarters, she's now one of them," He instructed the men as they immediately picked me up and did as they had been instructed. I was glad that my life had soared even though hours ago, I had wanted to take it myself.

..... Present moment...

I stood in front of the mirror, admiring my jewelries. They were all made of diamond and gold.

"Luna Leah, Alpha Lucas has been waiting for you for more than thirty minutes now," Eve, one of the maids said to me.

"Tell my father, I'll be with him shortly," I said, as I applied the finishing touches of my makeup onto my face.

"Yes, Luna," the maid said and bowed her head. Then she left my room.

I smiled with satisfaction, as I took out my gold bracelets and adorned my hands with them. I never would have imagined that I could be this beautiful or be wearing the most expensive clothes. I would forever be indebted to Alpha Lucas for adopting me as his daughter, because if he hadn't, I didn't know what would have become my fate.

I relished the image in the mirror that stared back at me. I was known as the most powerful and wealthiest Luna who was willing to crush all of her enemies beneath her heels.

As the thought crossed my mind, only one person who I saw as an enemy clouded my thoughts. I gnashed my teeth in anger as my mind wandered to Alpha Gabriel. After three years, the hate I felt for him was still raw and I yearned desperately to have my revenge on him and his pack for what they'd did to me.

I stood and left my room. I meet my father carrying my child in his hands and a wide smile escaped my lips. "We can leave now, Father."

"Mummy," Anna called out with a smile.

I smiled back at my pretty daughter and carried her.

We arrived at Alpha Damien's Mansion.

"Hello, Alpha Lucas and Luna Leah," Alpha Damien greeted us. "You look so beautiful, Luna Leah," he complimented but before I could respond to him, someone caught my attention.

The fuckindouchebag!

Alpha Gabriel.

What was he doing here?

Alpha Gabriel was the last person I had intended to bump into at the party, but he wasn't alone. I glanced at the woman he locked arms with, but I quickly returned my gaze back to Alpha Gabriel. We exchanged a look of shock, but I quickly replaced it with a stoic look as I stared at him fiercely, showing no one sign of weakness and letting him know how much had changed since he rejected me.

"Dada," Anna slowly called out.

I looked at her. She was pointing at Alpha Gabriel's direction.

"That's not Papa, sweetie," I said and turned back to focus on what dad and Alpha Damien were discussing of.

I could still feel Alpha Gabriel's gaze on me.

"Hello," a husky voice said behind me. I recognized it to be Alpha Gabriel's voice.

I slowly turned to face him.

"Good evening," I responded, ignoring the woman he was with. And without waiting for him to respond, I walked away with my daughter in my hand. I felt their gaze lingering on me as I walked away. Alpha Lucas was so engrossed in his discussion with Alpha Damien that he didn't realize I had left.