𝐈. 𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐓

Makayla who was at the moment sixteen, stared out of the window, watching the raindrops slowly slide down the glass, trying to drown out the radio, her family talking one over the other and her big brother screaming at his video game like a little child. She let out a sigh and leaned her head on the car window, closing her eyes.

She refused to get over the fact that she was forced to pack up and move out of her home town in a week, to move to a shitty apartment in Paris. Her step mother's sister died and so she inherited the apartment. Her father lost his job so they were all on their lowest at the moment.

Despite the fights and arguments, Makayla's dad tried to explain to her that they have a free apartment in Paris, which doesn't require rent, but she refused to listen. She had to give up her teenage dream in new York. Makayla left her boyfriend, her best friend and everything she knew, for a completely new, unknown life.

𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐒 . . .

"I'm going for a walk." I said as I gave my dad a weak smile and closed the apartment door, making my way down the stairs, which looked like they were about to collapse. I honestly wish they did, so I wouldn't have to go through everything that happened to me. If I only knew it.

I pushed open the rusted door of the building and started making my way towards the nearest bakery that popped up on my Apple Maps. When I reached the corner, I heard some yelling and whistling in the distance and my curiosity got the better of me.

As I got closer and closer, I saw a mass of people, standing around two guys. They were screaming two names which I couldn't hear due to the mixed voices. U pushed my way through them enough to see what was going on.

I saw two guys yelling at each other and it looked like they just fought. One had a shirt so bloody that at first I thought it was the colour red which explained the other guy's bloody face and hands.

"tu maledetta stronza pensavi di farla franca derubando?!?!" Shouted the boy with the bloody shirt, as he shoved the defenceless boy to the floor. Before he could do him any more harm, he was pulled away by who I suppose were his friends.

For a split second I swear to god I could see his eyes on me, before he shouted something and stormed off. The crowd slowly disappeared and I made my way back to the bakery, in a slight shock.

"Just a croissant please...and a redbull." I said and smiled at the lady behind the counter, who quite bluntly gave me my order and stuck her hand out. I handed her five euros and walked out, making my way back towards my new apartment.

My first day here and I already witnessed a whole ass fight? And I was supposed to live here till I turn 18? No way. Did I have a choice? Also not...

...

"Hey dad, you won't believe what just ha-" I began talking as I entered the apartment, and quickly realised they all seemed to be somewhere. Did they go to the store or maybe a restaurant? I was too exhausted from the long ride here so I just took my shoes off and walked into the room that I shared with my brother who was eighteen, throwing myself onto my bed.

Before I could turn around, I was already asleep. My body ran out of energy and I completely forgot about my croissant and redbull that I bought earlier...oh well they could wait till tomorrow. New day, new places to explore. Maybe I didn't want to be here but I could at least make something out of it until I had to start with school.