𝐈𝐈. 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

I woke up to my alarm ringing. It was 10 am but it felt like I haven't closed my eyes even for a single second. The bed felt...weird. So did the whole room. The apartment, the town, the country, everything. I rolled out of bed and got dressed into a pair of black sweatpants and a gray T-shirt.

My eyebags were so dark that I threw on a pair of sunglasses because even if nobody in the town knew me, I still wanted to look at least somewhat presentable.

I walked out of my room and saw my dad sleeping on the couch. Him and my step mom must have gotten into another argument. I don't blame them honestly with how much shit has gone down in the last month, I would be on my wits end too.

I let out a sigh and walked over, covering him with the blanket that was thrown on the floor, probably by him when he was turning around in his sleep.

I slightly smiled and made my way out of the apartment, to explore the town for a bit before I went back to cook lunch, because both my mom and dad were gonna be at their interviews for a new job. We all wanted to get back on our feet.

Suddenly I was snapped out of my thoughts, as I tripped over something and fell face first onto the floor of my apartment building. Luckily, I caught myself with my hands.

I stood up and turned around, seeing a guy leaning against the staircase railing, smoking a cigarette. His face was covered with a hood and he didn't seem to care that I almost broke my nose because of him.

"Watch it jackass" I muttered to myself, thinking he didn't understand. I thought nothing of it and left the building, trying to ignore the pain in my knee. As I reached the Eiffel Tower, I found an empty bench and sat on it, crossing my legs.

I pulled my book out of my tote bag and opened it, searching for where I left off. I slowly got frustrated as I couldn't find that one sentence, but my eyes quickly shifted to someone that picked my bag up from the bench, dropped it to the floor and sat down.

"Excuse me?" I said at a loss for words. "Wait-" Oh god it was that guy that tripped me earlier in the apartment building. He pulled his hood off and pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket, along with a lighter. I immediately recognised his face. It was the guy from the fight I happened to see yesterday.

"You're quite feisty for somebody who's not even from here." He said with a thick Italian accent. He was the one talking? He didn't seem French to me either. "I don't think you're from here either, you're Italian." As I said that he let out a chuckle and lit his cigarette, sticking it in between his front teeth. "Ai, Bella...if it wasn't for your pretty face you'd be six feet under by now. You have no idea who you're talking to."

As if I cared who he was. I couldn't help but stare at the snake tattoo on the side of his neck, I never saw it before...it seemed like a symbol. I was definitely gonna google that lately.

"Whatever listen- I don't care. Okay? You're a wannabe. So leave me and my bag alone and go bother someone else" I said with a rude tone and stood up, snatching my tote from the floor. I looked up and saw him staring down at me with a smirk plastered across his face.

"Weirdo" I muttered to myself and stood up, quickly walking away. I looked back and he wasn't there anymore...As if I imagined everything that happened...