Prologue

A New Event and A New Resident

* No One’s POV*

Beach City Underground is one of said city’s most recent & popular events, despite its somewhat sketchy name, and would even bring in new faces from out of town on rare occasions. This night was seemingly no different as a cloaked Amethyst was eagerly making her way towards the still disheveled building that is placed a good distance away on the outskirts of the city, ready to take home another victory as her stage persona: The Purple Puma. Upon entering the building the purple gem noticed a few changes as the people were moving around with some of them setting things up for the match while others began to take their seats: for one, the rectangular wrestling ring was replaced by a rounded and slightly bigger caged ring that’s usually reserved for MMA matches from what’s she’s seen on TV and all the chairs were placed all around the ring with the exception of a path leading from the entrance of the dilapidated building to the entryway of the cage itself.

Another thing Amethyst took note of were the competitors, most of them were either flexing or had a cocky expression on their face as if they were going to win the event, which made her scoff a bit at the thought, but one of the competitors caught her attention as he stood off a bit further away; they were performing some light shadow-boxing (which is probably why they were standing further away) cloaked in a dark purple robe with black stripes going down the arms, the figure was wearing boxing gloves and it kinda reminded Amethyst of Garnet and her gauntlets. However that’s when she paused as a confused expression made its way onto her face as she took another look at the competition, only a few were wearing outfits that could be considered wrestling attire while others donned outfits/uniforms that were usually associated with other fighting styles.

Before the purple gem could ponder on this discovery any further Mr.Smiley’s voice echoed throughout the building, “HELLO BEACH CITY!!! I hope you’re ready for this year’s event in the Beach City Underground because we have got something special for you tonight! As you all know, we usually host a small wrestling event to let people test their metal in the ring and bring some more excitement to this small town, but this year we’re bringing you BC Underground’s very first BATTLE ROYALE!!” This got cheers from the crowd as the competitors began making their way into the ring, some of them waving to the audience with the cloaked figure taking off their gloves to offer some high fives; the still confused Amethyst was the last to join them as she had began shape-shifting underneath her cloak.

Mr.Smiley continued his announcement as the competitors began lining up around the ring next to each other, “Recently the town was given quite a large donation by a mysterious benefactor who said they wanted to remain anonymous for the time being and in exchange for this donation, which will be used to repair and repurpose this dinky old building, they wanted us to host a Battle Royale just to see how it goes. This time around there are just a couple rules: all fighting styles are allowed so it won’t just be wrestling this time around,” this intrigued the audience and answered any questions Amethyst may have had “and this is an all out brawl, whoever is the last one standing will win the championship belt!” this definitely made things more interesting, Amethyst thought as the cheers of the crowd echoed through the building, she had this in the bag. “Now let the BC Underground’s Battle Royale Begin!”

The purple gem cracked her knuckles as the bell rung and was getting ready to charge right in when a brown haired guy in a white karate gi fell to the ground in front of her, causing her to jolt back in surprise as she looked up in time to see the robed figure knocking out one of the wrestlers with a swift strike to the jaw. Before the Gem could question it she heard Mr.Smilely come in with the commentary “WHOA, looks like the boxer got a head start and already took out two of the fighters! What an outstanding performance by our mystery fighter!” It seemed like the crowd was also surprised by the development but soon got over it as the building was filled with cheers, though Amethyst was still wondering how the robed fighter was able to take out two people in under ten seconds. She didn’t get much time to think as two fighters came towards her, one was a pretty scrawny wrestler while the other was a bulky guy who was wearing boxing gloves like the robed figure, though she was able to dispatch them rather quickly with a strong double lariat to their chests while discarding.