Library incident

Page 3 chapter 1

Word count: 1008

Azura wakes up doing her usual morning when she sees a notification from her teacher. "Ugh what does he want now" Azuras hair spikes up in her small anger

"Dear Miss Azura Woods and Baine Millard, Congratulations, you will be working together on your upcoming science project. You have 2 weeks to complete it. The task is in your hands, so don't let it slip away. Best wishes, Mr Gilbert."

Azura let's out a frustrated sigh as she groans throwing her phone on the bed in anger.she could not believe how shitty this week has already been."For fuck sake. Can't get a break from this school!" Azura mutters to herself before calming down,Azura sighs and breathes. "I mean there could be worse" Azura mutters to herself still trying to calm down from her anger. "Maybe it won't be that bad because it's with Baine.. she's interesting." Azura pauses staring into space imagining on what it would be like working on a project with Baine. Azura smiles "it might be fun. But first I need to go to the library and get some books." Azura said to herself.

Time skip:
When the clocked strikes 1:20 pm Azura opens her phone and gets a message from Baine she grins opening up the message.
Azura opens her phone and reads.
" I'm awak" Baine messages with Azura replying with "Lol. Did you read what Mr Gilbert said?" "Yeah, I'll be at the library helping you soon. I'll be there in no time."
"Ok hurry up dumbass" Azura smiles while putting her phone away while she awaits the purple mutt's arrival

As Azura puts her phone back in her pocket she smiles with a light velvet colour in her cheeks. "Why do I feel so.. warm."
She pauses for a second to think but gets no response. She decides to ignore it and scroll thru social media waiting for baine.

Baine comes up behind Azura without her noticing, surprising her with a loud "BOO!" When she jumps and spikes up like a startled cat, Azura turns around and glares at her with frustrated eyes."Oh, it's just you," she says, visibly annoyed, holding onto her grudge.
Baine can't help but laugh at her reaction as she pays Azuras head. The thought she knows better than to make a comment about it and irritate her further. "Let's just get this over with," Azura snaps, still holding onto her irritation. As Baine continues to laugh Azura snaps it and pulls Baine to the ground leaving Baine in shock. Azura grabs her hair and Azura looks down at Baine with a devilish look.She nickers going down to Baines ear and whispers. Quiet down you useless mutt" she whispers to Baine.

Baine pov: Azura pulls me to the ground leaving me in shock from her sudden strength. She whispers in my ear,as a shiver runs down my spine like a shockwave, but it wasn't a scared one. I look back up at azura and nod, not knowing what to say as I expect that pushing her more would not help in a public place. Azura let's go of me and smiles. "Good puppy" Azura said in a suggestive voice.

Third person pov:
Baine and azura pause for a second before ignoring what happened. "Let's just get this stupid work over with." Azura quietly said. Baine nodded in approval and picked up a book deciding to not comment on the sudden scene.

Another time skip:

Baine writes down some notes on her phone and closes the book, satisfied with the progress she's  making. As Baine looks up from her work, she notices that Azura is no longer at their table. To be certain she's nowhere in sight.Baine stands up and looks around the library, searching for her. She spots her across the other side of the library, climbing up a bookshelf in an attempt to reach another book. Baine quickly rushes over, realizing her situation is dangerous and that she's about to slip.

Azuras pov: I see Baine and slip, Baine rushed over to me and catches me. Baine soft voice says "Are you alright?" She asks still with a worried face while wrapping her tail around Azuras. As Azura is still embarrassed she turns silent and red. I could not say anything, my words where stuck in my throat. "Yeah.. I'm fine. Not put me down mutt." Azura says with her rude tone. Baine gently outs Azura back to the ground on her feet. She smirks and says "Not even a Thank you babydoll~?" Baine smirked teasing Azura knowing she might be pushing the lines of her short temper. "...Thank you" Azura said with a velvet face before picking up her phone. "I need to go, melody is struggling with elana. Stupid relationship problems" Azura mutters knowing she hates Elena with her gut. "Maybe you could come to mine with the rest of the books. That would help a lot if you could." Baine looked down at Azura with a slight reassuring smile"sure I can do that azura, no worries," Azura smiles and looks up at Baine again noticing something was of. "Your glasses are gone.." Azura says in a soft tone as she looks down and sees Baines glasses shattered on the ground. Azura rethinks about the situation that happened before and noticed the incident would have broken her glasses. "Oh that would explain why I can't see that well" Baine chuckles trying to make the mood more comfortable and relaxed. As Azura pauses she quickly hugs Baine without hesitation tightening her grip around Baines big body. "I'll pay for some wth you tomorrow, as a thanks for saving me." Azura quietly says in Baines chest. Baine nodded in approval knowing that it would mean more time with Azura. "Well I have to go now, Seeya tomorrow." Azura replies while legging go if Baine. "Seeya Azura. I'll text you later when I get home." Baine replied while Azura grabs her stuff and walks of.