Chapter 9

Over the course of the last few days Nik and I went on a few dates and got to know each other a little bit more. Today is the day that Care and I have to go back to Mystic Falls though. I have yet to tell Nik about the fact that the doppelganger is there and that I know who she is. I have been relishing in the fact that it has been all about me for a minute.

I took a deep breath walking over to Nik. "Nik, there is something I have to tell you." I said clasping my fingers together.

"Is everything okay, Love?" He asked me.

"I know who the doppelganger is." I said, "I also know where she is." I said again.

He stands up and walks over to me, "Well, how do you feel about stirring up some trouble?" He asked me with a smirk.

"I've heard through the grapevine that they are throwing a masquerade ball tomorrow night." I told him.

"You both are already packed so let's get going." Nik said, grabbing my bags.

"I'm driving my car home, mister!" I yelled after him following him down the hall.

He stopped abruptly and turned to me, "Whyyyyyyy?" He whined.

"I am not having my car shipped to Mystic Falls when I can drive it." I told him.

"Fine, I'll put the bags in the trunk then." He continues walking to the elevator with our bags and a pout.

I sigh and walk back to the room to wake Caroline up to get ready for the ride home. "Care, get up we have to go." I shook her awake.

"I'm up." She crawls out of bed and speeds to get dressed and the rest of her stuff together.

I go down to the lobby while she finishes up, and get checked out of the room. "I would like to check out." I told the girl at the desk.

"Who are you?" She asked in a rude tone.

I rolled my eyes and pulled my phone out dialing my best friend.

"Hello?" Elijah answered the phone.

"Elijah come to the hotel right this second I am pissed." I said sending a glare to the woman behind the desk.

"Coming." He said and hung up before he walked through the door.

"What is going on now?" He asked me.

"She won-" She stopped at Elijah holding his hand up to her.

"I asked her, not you. What is going on?" He looked at me.

"She asked me who I was in a rude tone. All I wanted to do was check out." I told him.

He turned to her, "You're gonna fix your attitude if you want to work at my hotel. I have made this into a very notorious hotel chain." He told her.

"I'm sorry sir, it won't happen again. How may I help you ma'am?" She asked me.

"You don't need to know who I am. I am checking out of the penthouse and I will be the only one to check into that room." I told her.

"Yes ma'am." She said getting everything worked out.

Standing there waiting for her to finish her thing, I felt arms wrap around my waist. "Yes, Honey?" I asked my soulmate.

"Are we ready to go, Love?" He asked me, laying his head on my shoulder.

"Are you done whining about driving instead of flying?" I asked him, turning around in his arms to look at him.

He sighs, "Yes, for now." He said with a small smile.

I rolled my eyes, "Are you staying here for a few more days or are you riding with us Bitch?" I asked Elijah.

"I guess riding with you, my favorite wench." He said.

We left Klaus standing there with his mouth agape before Caroline came towards us. "Nik, will you put her bags in the car please?" I asked him in a nice tone.

"Why do I have to do it?" He asked me.

"I'll give you a kiss if you do it." I told him, and smiled as he rushed to put the bags in the trunk before running to me.

"Kiss now." He said, so I gave him a kiss on the cheek, "Rude." He pouted.

"I didn't specify where the kiss would be at Nikky." I said with a smile. I pat his chest and started walking to my car.

We all got in and started our trek to Mystic Falls. Caroline was the passenger princess and the d.j, Nik was sitting behind me, and Eli was behind Caroline almost asleep. I think he was just glad that he didn't have to drive, but he also could be going to sleep so that he doesn't have to listen to the girly music that we all know he blasts when he's alone in the shower. 

After we were a few hours into the drive Care and I were in desperate need of a bathroom and Nik was complaining that he was hungry. The town we were driving through happened to have a diner so we stopped and refueled and relieved ourselves before getting back onto the road. I let Elijah drive this time so that I could sleep for a while, and because Nik was crying about having to sit by Elijah the whole time. I just decided to kill two birds with one stone, I got a pillow and Eli got to stop listening to Nik cry.

Waking up to the Welcome to Mystic Falls sign is never a good thing. Especially when we are stopped by my dad laying in the middle of the road because he is in his feelings. "Dad?" I called.

"Where have you been?" He asked from his spot in the road.

"New York, not that you care." I said with scoff crossing my arms.

"Blondie seems to still be alive and kicking."He said finally getting up.

"Yep, couldn't have either of you killing her before she gets a chance to live." I said stepping to the side blocking her from his view.

"She won't be living for long." His face vamped and he rushed to the car. He didn't get far as Eli had his hand in Dad's chest and snarled.

"I don't think so, Mr. Salvatore. Caroline will not be the one dying, and if you even try it again then you will be the one without a heart." Eli said before taking his hand out of his chest and walked back to the car.

"I have reinforcements now Dad, so if you want to hurt me they will hurt you. I thought that we could find a way to get along and have a relationship again. Maybe in the future, after all we have eternity." I said getting back in the car leaving him laying there.