Chapter 9: You just got yourself killed.

(A/n: YIPPEEE LONG CHAPTER TODAY Thank you for 70 views ❤️ I hope you love it so far)

While walking back, I noticed Ben being tied up in front of the maze. I immediately rushed to Alby.

"What are you gonna do to him?"

"Stay out of this mei." he gave me a stern look.

"No, please. Please, don't. Please, don't do it."

"Poles! Move in!" Alby shouted.

"No, no, no! Please! No, please! Please, don't!"

"I can get better! Please, just listen to me! Please stop, please!" Ben begged for his life.

I stared in shock as I felt hands covering my eyes. It was Tommy's. I slowly turned around and buried my head into his chest, unable to watch.

"Push him in!" I heard Alby say.

As the doors shut, the glade was filled with silence.

"He belongs to the maze now."

With me in his arms, Tommy brushed my hair,

"Do you think it's our fault?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

Thomas didn't say anything for a while but shook his head no.

"Come on, let's head back. We need some rest. I'll carry you there."

He released his hold on me and crouched down, offering me a piggyback ride, I jumped on him and wrapped my arms around his neck,

When we reached the homesteads, he gently set me down on my hammock, and I looked up at him for a while.

"What are you thinking about?" He sat down beside me, resting his gaze on mine.
His voice was soft, and comforting amidst the chaos that had just unfolded.

"I can't help but feel guilty," I whispered, tears still lingering in my eyes.
"If only I had been able to do something..."

"It's not your fault, Mei," he reassured me, his hand reaching out to gently wipe away a tear. "We both know he was way out of his mind."

I nodded, finding comfort in his words. I felt a sense of calm wash over me, knowing that he was beside me.

He brushed my hair away from my face and leaned in, placing a gentle kiss on my lips.