Sometimes, It Gets Lonely

Rico POV
We went to a nearby restaurant to celebrate, and while the meal was full of excitement and joy, once I reached home, I stared around the empty house, sitting down on the couch to watch some television. But I wasn't really focused on it—instead, I was thinking about my futures.

8-Bit and Max had fallen in love at first sight, and become the happiest couple I knew. They greatly contrasted each other, but yet fit so perfectly, like two jigsaws that were meant to connect together. After all, they did say, "Opposites attract."

Plus, 8-Bit had helped Max finally reconcile with her estranged father, and now Max had gotten one of her parents back. And as for her mother? She had learned to get over her, and live her life in the memory of her. And Max herself had helped 8-Bit to overcome his lack of speed, letting him push his boundaries and become faster. They had even won a race—though Max had hard-carried 8-Bit through it.

On the other hand, Gus and Bonnie had changed so much too. Bonnie had went from a shy girl who rarely expressed her feelings to an outspoken person who loved adventure and talking to others. Gus had overcome his curse, moved past his trauma, and had too gained self-confidence. He wasn't devoid of emotions anymore, and was experiencing each emotion for the first time in forever. In fact, at times he had overload of emotions, but he always pushed through it bravely.

And as for me? The only thing I had done in the last months was manage to lose the love of my life and fall into a state of depression. I definitely wasn't at a good point in life. But suddenly came a call that would change my life forever.

My phone began to ring deafeningly, and I flinched before whipping it out, asking, "Gus? What's up?"

Gus said, "Something giant has happened."

"Well, what is it?" I asked in concern. "Did something happen to 8-Bit? Bonnie? Max? Surge? Meg?"

Gus paused for a while, before he finally answered, "No. The window is open."