Chapter 11:Reliving The Past

Chapter 11: Reliving The Past

My finger's gently caressed her rosy cheeks, as she slept peacefully. I had waited so long to see her, to have her by my side and now that she was it almost felt unreal. I hummed to a tune my mother used to sing to me when I was younger.

As my eyes began to drop I laid my head beside Marbella, and allowing my eyes to finally flutter close. The sound of the bedroom door twisting and creaking open snapped my eyes open, I sat up straight ready to fight whomever had dared to enter my room. But my lips parted, finding Zion closing the door behind him only wearing the trousers of his pyjamas, his top half was bare allowing my eyes to feast on him.

"What are you doing here?" My words were stern yet low, I did not want to wake Marbella up. It was after a while I felt like a mother, and I was not going to let Zion ruin this moment for me. "What does it look like, I am here to sleep." I scoffed, my eyes widening in disbelief as I watched him round the king sized bed and slide inside the duvet behind Marbella.

"like hell you are. GET OUT!" I froze watching Marabella stir in her sleep, afraid I had awoken her but when Zion ran his fingers through her hair I watched as she let out a sigh and fell back asleep. Zion did not seem surprised by my sudden outburst instead the smirk which played on his lips was evident that this was exactly how he had imagined this to be played out.

"Fine, I will just take Marabella with me." I slapped his hand which had reached out to scoop my baby from my bed, a deathly glare only seemed to widen his smirk. "I will kill you with my bare hands if you attempt to separate my daughter from me again." My eyes had darkened, I saw Zion as the villain in my and Marabella's story, it was his fault that I had been separated from my daughter for this long. He had not only broken his vows with me but tore a mother away from her daughter.

"I never told you to leave, Milli. You chose to leave-"

"And watch my whole life be stripped away from me. Do not deny it, if I stayed I would have turned into nothing but a shadow...I would have lost myself and my pride. Tell me Zion, when you married Juliet, leaned in to kiss her did you wrap your arms around her waist as you had done to me on our wedding day, did you whisper sweet nothings into her ears." I was unsure why I was hurting myself, I knew if he had done anything what he had done with me to Juliet it would only hurt me further. I could not allow him to see me weak, how his betrayal still affected me.

"I never kissed her, never wrapped my arms around her, I did not whisper sweet nothings. Heck, I had not even given her a second glance when she walked down the aisle. All I wanted was to come home to you, to wrap my arms around you and our baby and to hide us away from everyone who were attempting to tear us apart." My heart sores at his words but I keep a blank expression on my face, no longer having the energy to fight him tonight. I laid my head on the soft pillow, my eyes staring at him silently.

His eyes did not once wither away from me as he laid down under the duvet. For a moment, it felt right. Being here with Marabella, her real parents. But the reminder that he was too weak to fight for us, he was a weak husband made me push away any thought I had off him. I fluttered my eyes closed allowing sleep to take over.

**

I had been standing on the balcony, my eyes loosing its pride. I knew why the counsel had called upon Zion, I had heard many times how many kings were forced to take a second wife when the first failed to tick all the check boxes of an ideal queen.

If only I had not slashed the throat of the man who had attempted to touch me in the presence of many eyes then this day would never have arrived. It would have been acceptable if it had been Zion in my place, but according to the Mafia law a women was to be gentle, fragile, innocent and in other words a trophy wife.

And I had failed to tick any of the boxes.

Hearing the sound of a familiar car drive into the castle I knew it had to be Zion, I stood up straight rushing out of the balcony and my room, running as fast as I could down the series of stairs in the castle until I stopped in front of the entrance door.

"Your Highness, King Zion." The door keeper announced as he parted the door open, and there he stood looking as handsome as always. Dressed in a three piece tuxedo, he was home. He was back to me, meaning he did not allow those stupid counsel men to dictate him. I rushed towards him, throwing my arms around his neck.

His arms instantly wrapped around my waist, holding me tightly against his chest. "I love you." I whispered, my heart beating fast and I was afraid it would burst through my chest. "I love you, always for ever." At his words, I fluttered my eyes open, smiling widely as I took a step back. He was mine, and I was his. From the corner of my eyes I saw movement, making me tilt my head to the side as I took in the appearance of the woman behind him.

I gasped, a smile taking over my face. "JULIET." I screeched loudly, in excitement. Rushing past my husband and towards my best friend. She had worn a short, plain white dress. Her make up was done flawlessly, and her hair was twisted into tight curls.

"Her Majesty, Queen Juliet." I felt as if my breath escaped my lungs as the door man announced the status of Juliet. I took a step back, my eyes staring at the woman I had called my best friend, who I had often shared private information with regarding my person life. I stiffened when my back pressed against Zion chest, feeling his hands instantly wrap around my waist.

"Please." I could hear the pleading in his voice, but my whole body seemed to have failed to response to me. I turned around, stepping away from the man I loved, the man who swore to love me and no one else. HES A LIAR! I had not realised when my hands had left my side, fly across until it made contact with Zion's cheeks.

"So this is what you meant when you told me you'd fix everything." I let out a pain filled laugh, shaking my head and forcing me to hold my tears inside. I was not going to allow anyone see me cry. "Milan, please. Listen to him-"

I snap my gaze towards the woman who I could no longer see as my friend, she had shown her true colours. "Who gave you the right to interfere between me and my husband, who do you think you are?" I screamed watching her flinch, her eyes shifted to Zion whose eyes did not once wither away from me before she tilted her head down defeatedly.

"Milan I love you, you have to understand I had no other choice. She means nothing to me, I only love you she-" He stopped mid sentence as I pulled the gun I had kept hidden in my waist, pointing it at him, my eyes were stern holding no emotion. He had betrayed me, betrayed my trust, my love, my belief in him and our future.

I heard the clicks of guns around me, pointing at me. But as Zion raised his hands, they all lowered their guns.

"Shoot me." I stared into his eyes as he dared me, I gripped my gun tightly, wanting to end the life of the man who stabbed me in my back. But I could not, not when I knew I loved him. I lowered my gun, letting it slip through my fingers and make contact with the ground.

"I hate you."