Chapter 6: Your Highness

"Behave, he is the king. Do a curtsy when you see him, a respectable smile and please...act like a women." I gasped at my mothers words, a scowl now replaced my frown as she dragged me down the hallway.

I was being arranged to marry the king of mafia, but the worst part is that I had never seen him. My reputation was known in this world,  which was another reason to why I was confused to why he had asked for my hand.

"Do not worry mother, if you like I will drop to his feet and kiss it." I spoke sarcastically, I groaned as my mother gave a hard slap on my shoulders as we speed walked. 
"Also control this sarcasm and definitely that tongue of yours." I wanted to roll my eyes but knowing my mother it would just be the downfall for me.

"Tea or coffee, your highness." I could hear the maid ask, as we turned and walked into the living room. My gaze looked anywhere but at the king, as we stood in front of him I did a quick curtsy.
"A pleasure to meet you, Milan Rae." My eyes snapped towards him at his voice, my eyes ever so slowly eyed him down to the tuxedo he had worn to his mesmerising eyes.

"You." I yelled out which caught a lot of attention, everyone's head had snapped to look at me but the ugly yet ravishing smirk remained on his lips.
"Milan. I apologies for my daughters rudeness." My mother spoke, giving me a deathly stare before letting out a chuckles trying to avoid being killed.

"That is fine, I would like to have a moment alone with Milan." Shocked at his words, my eyes darted towards mother who was nodding her head like a monkey toy which keeps nodding its head up and down before repeating it.

"The fields, Milan take his majesty to tour the fields and show him the barn."  Nodding my head stiffly, I did not wait for him to follow me before walking away from my mother and out of the back door.

"Beautiful." I stopped at his voice snapping my attention towards him, assuming he was l talking to me only to realise his attention was out the field.
"Indeed, Father has a great interest in horses and playing polo." I spoke, continuing to walk with him following behind me.

"Do you have an interest in horses?" He asked, as we approached the barn.
"I do, horses are more loyal than humans I believe." I spoke, approaching my favourite  horse which I had named Willow.
"A American paint horse." I was shocked at hearing him say the breed of my horse, I had no idea he held any interest for horses.

"Impressed. But your highness, I do not want to go in circles. I am not a submissive type." I spoke, intensely watching him,  the amusement left his eyes and I could see him becoming serious.

"I am aware, I did not just send out my proposal to you without knowing your reputation. To be honest, I would rather prefer a wife who is able to protect her self than a submissive queen, call me Zion." I gulped down my spit, seeing the determination in his eyes. He was here to marry me, but I had questions and I was not going to accept him until I am satisfied.

"I am not raised to be queen." I spoke I watched him nod his head understandingly.
"I can feel your power, your strength and that is enough for me to know you will be a great queen." I looked into his eyes trying to see if he was lying but all I could see was the truth.

"If I were to pull out my gun, and point it at you in a moment where I am your wife what would you do?" I asked, he looked at me as if reading me like an open book. His arms laced around my waist and he pulled me closer.

"I will pierce my bullet into this beautiful skull of yours." A smirk appeared on my lips, he stared at me awaiting for me to say something.

"I like you."

"I hate you." I screamed at the top of my lungs, I looked around the unfamiliar room, but as I looked around I knew he had brought me to where ever he wanted me to be.
"You will start loving me again." I glared at how confident he sounded, it was the moment where I wanted to attack him and I probably would only if my wrist was not tied to the bed.

"You Wish your majesty." I snapped back, struggling to take my wrist out of the handcuff before slumping back on to the head board giving up. I heard him let out a sigh, he rubbed his face with his palm.

"We can talk like normal individuals do, or we could do it the hard way like right now." He spoke, rolling my eyes I looked around before looking back at him.
"But we aren't normal are we... fine, just uncuff me." Watching him nod his head, he approached me staring into my eyes. Rubbing my wrist with my palms as I looked at the red lines that were beginning to form.

"Let's go to my office, shall we?" He asked, getting off the bed looking him in the eyes. I was a few inches shorter than him, but my glare were known to be deadly.
"Lead the way, your highness." I spoke sarcasm laced on my tone, I was unsure if he had heard me or chose to ignore but as we walked out instantly around five or six guards were behind me, making me scoff.

Did he really think I could not take down these guards, my palms were itching to show him what I was capable but the thought of my daughter being near by made me remain silence and follow Zion.