𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

The memories from last week were really starting to piss Adam off. Moreso than he wanted to admit.

Admittedly, they weren't super clear (he had been drunk at the time), but he definitely remembered the way Lucifer's skin felt against his– the way the sinner had made him feel. The heat in his core as–

"Adam?"

Charlie's insufferably cheery voice pierced through his thoughts, a slight hint of concern creeping into her tone. Adam stared at her for a few moments, his brows furrowing in confusion before it seemed to click. Right . He was participating in one of those stupid trust exercises that Charlie insisted on doing with everyone. They had all sat down in a circle a couple minutes ago, but he stopped paying attention after that.

"What?" Adam asked, his tone sharper than he intended. He was met with a few stares from the others, and his gaze narrowed as he scanned over them. "The fuck did I do?"

"It's your turn," Charlie prompts gently.

"For...?"

"The trust exercise? Have you not been listening this entire time?" Vaggie interrupts from where she sat in the circle– right next to an empty space where Charlie had just been sat. From the way they all continued to stare at him uncomfortably, they had been trying to get his attention for a while now.

"Guilty," Adam answered nonchalantly, shrugging. "If you haven't noticed yet, I don't actually care about any of this. I'm just waiting until someone realizes they fucked up and I can go back to Heaven." There was no way he was going to admit he had been distracted because his thoughts were plagued by Lucifer and his degrading words.

Charlie cleared her throat, standing up straight before clapping her hands together. "Right, okay!" She says with a bright smile, looking back at the others. "Since Adam has... passed his turn, I suppose that marks the end of today's trust exercise! I have another one planned for tomorrow morning– I hope to see you there!" That was the indication for everyone to get up and leave– of which, Adam was one of the first. He shoved through the others with every intent to make his way to his room, either to mope, break something, jerk off, or all three.

He'd decide when he gets there.

As he was walking down the hall, however, someone grabbed him by the shoulder. He turned around, looking down at the feline bartender that he had been visiting far too often in the past week so that the alcohol could drown out his thoughts. The former angel frowned. "The fuck do you want?" He asked.

"Do you have to be such a fuckin' prick all the time?" Husk asked in response, his tail flicking in irritation. "Listen, I know I'm not one to speak, but the least you can do is–"

"Who are you to give me some kind of fuckin' lecture?" Adam interrupted, pressing a finger into Husk's chest. "I'm Adam! The first fucking man! And at the end of the day, you're all dirty sinners that should be grateful to even be in my presence. You deserve to be under the heel of my boot while I'm up in Heaven where I rightfully belong."

"What, the same way you were under Lucifer just the other day?"

Adam opened his mouth to say something in response, yet nothing came out. How the fuck did this mangy cat know ? More importantly, how much did he know? Was he just bluffing (because anyone can feel the tension between the king of Hell and the first man) or was he serious?

Too many thoughts went through Adam's head– enough of which that he didn't even realize that he hadn't said anything.

"I knew it," Husk chuckled, folding his arms over his chest. "I knew you'd fold for the king of Hell eventually. Surely you don't think I'm dumb enough not to notice how much you talk about him? How much you stare at him whenever he's around?"