Chapter Sixteen

Now-Charlie

"Come on, bro, wake up!" I shout from the other side of the room.

I'm sharing my room with Adrian and two other guys from the basket-ball team; Levi and Miles. Surprisingly, Levi and Miles woke up pretty early and already went to eat breakfast in the hotel's restaurant.

Adrian is a way lazier. First, he hates to wake up early-it must be the fifth time I try to wake him up-.

"Man, leave me to sleep", he grumbles.

I remove his pillow from beside his head, which makes him stand up straight.

"What the hell, Charlie?" he says.

"It's 8 a.m., I reply, breakfast ends at 8.30."

He tries to take his pillow back. I hand it in the air.

"Bro, I don't need thirty minutes to get ready."

"We're leaving at 8.40, must I remind you?"

"Shit", he murmurs.

I give him his pillow back.

"Anyway, I'm going downstairs", I say as I walk towards the door.

"Seriously? You're not gonna wait for me?"

I shrug:

"Sorry man, just wanna go before there's no food anymore."

I go out of the room before he has the time to speak.

I go downstairs and once in the restaurant; I notice Addison at a table with Kylie and a few other girls.

I take a plate of eggs and some bread before going to sit with Levi and Miles.

"Where's Adrian?" They ask.

"He has just woken up", I reply, eating some bread.

Levi laughs as hitting gently on Miles' shoulder.

"See, I told you!" he says. "He won't have anything left"

I am half-listening, looking over at Addison's table. She seems happy, she's laughing out loud and didn't notice me. I guess I could have sat with her, but I don't want to break her moment.

That's when I see who is also sitting at her table: Lara.

At the sight of her, I clench my fists without even noticing.

"Charlie, are you alright?" Miles asks.

I look over at him.

"Yeah", I reply.

"So, what do you think about it?" Levi questions.

"About what?" I ask.

"Okay, you were obviously not listening"

"Sorry", I murmur.

"It's no big deal. We were just talking about the big game we'll have when we'll go back to Lebanon."

"Yeah, that's a big one", I agree.

For the end of the year, a big basketball game is organized. A team from another high school will come to play against us. Our high school won that big match five years in a row, before losing last year. To honor the high school or even just leave a mark of us, we need to win.

But the opposition is a pretty good team, with an excellent captain, according to what I heard. So, yeah, it won't be effortless to win this game.

"Still talking about the game?" Adrian joins in