Chapter Seventeen

Addison-Now

"What should I wear?" I ask Kylie, looking in the wardrobe.

"I can't actually believe you're coming", she replies.

After two days of visit, the last day we are spending in Denia will be spent 'as we like to spend it', to repeat Mrs. Garnier's words. And because we literally have the whole day for us, some students organized a big party on the beach in the evening.

And it's already time to get ready.

"Well, Charlie is, and so are you, so..."

She approaches my wardrobe, passing her hands on all the clothes, moving the hangers.

"Why did you bring that many clothes if you don't wear them all?" she asks

I shrug:

"I literally never know what to wear so I thought it would help me..."

"You thought having more clothes would help you to choose easily?" She questions.

Now, my reasoning sounds stupid.

"You have a point", I laugh at my stupidity.

She finally stops at a hanger and removes it from the rod.

"Try this", she says, handing me a white dress without sleeves, the top of the dress is shaped as a knot.

I try it on.

"Perfect", Kylie smiles.

"Just one thing", she continues.

She takes a necklace from her jewelry box and puts it on me. It is a golden necklace, with a sun as a pendant.

"Now, it's perfect", she whispers.

"Kylie, it's so beautiful", I say as I look at myself in the mirror.

I turn towards her: "It's yours, I don't want to..."

"Now it's yours", She replies, smiling.

I smile at her too: "Thank you"

She nods.

"So, are we going or not?"

I take my tote bag: "We are"

Kylie is wearing a denim short and a linen shirt on top of her two-piece swimsuit.

Her dark hair is down, curling a little. The kind of curls girls would kill for, her hair is so pretty, I have to admit it.

She puts a cap on her head and gets out of the room, I follow her closely.

Soon, we're on the beach, at the spot the party is taking place. As we walk on the beach, I feel the sand below my sandals, I get them off so that I walk on the sand.

Kylie gives me a look that says "Really?"

I smile at her expression.

"Come on, Kylie!" I exclaim, raising my arms to the blue sky.

"We're in Spain, we're on the beach!" I spin round.

She half-smiles. She tries to hide it, but I can see she's happy about it too.

"Now, could you put your shoes back on?" She asks, trying to sound annoyed.

"There will be almost all the Senior years there", she looks at the place we're walking towards; a tent with what seems to be a table under it.

"Alright", I sigh, stopping to put my sandals back on.

She continues walking without waiting for me, I run towards her.