chapter-2 Shaurya's homecoming

I exchanged a few last-minute emails and then headed out of the office. Leaving the office, the day's stress slowly eased as I settled into the driver's seat of my car. The familiar peace surrounded me, a comforting contrast to the hectic pace of my work at TechSpire Solutions where i worked. Typically, I arrived home around 8 p.m., and today was no different.

The drive back to the apartment was short, and soon I was walking through the door, greeted by the inviting smell of dinner cooking.

Hey,Aman," I called out, dropping my bag by the door. "Smells great! What's on the menu tonight?"

Aman scoffed."puchh to aise rhe hai mahraja ji jaise mujhe inhone chef rkha ho".

( "You're asking as if you've hired me as your chef, Your Highness.")

"Or nhi to kya? Ye mera apartment hai jisme tum free me rhte ho",i replied playfully".

("And what else? It's my apartment where you live for free".)

""You haven't kept me for free. I share the electricity bill, water bill, and all expenses 50-50 with you. "aman replied.

Acha mere malik aapke ke is das ke lia kya bna rhe ho? I asked.

("Okay, my lord, what are you making for your servant today?" I asked.)

Aman grinned. "Chhole bhature. How was your day?""Busy, as usual," I replied, joining Aman in the kitchen. "But I've got some news. I'm going home to Varanasi for two days."

Aman looked up, surprised. "Oh, really? What's the occasion?"

"My father's Mla's party celebration," I explained. "I'll be flying out in the morning and coming back on Monday after two days."

"That's great!" Aman exclaimed. "It'll be nice to see your family again. Have you packed yet?"

I shook my head. "Not yet. I'll do it tonight. But first, let's enjoy this meal you've prepared."After dinner, Aman and I sat down to chat. We talked about work, upcoming projects, and my trip. Eventually, exhaustion caught up with me, and I bid goodnight to Aman, heading to my room to pack and get some rest before my early morning flight.

In the morning

I woke up early, my excitement palpable. I was excited to go home. Quickly getting ready, I packed my bags and headed to the airport.

Boarding the plane, I couldn't contain my excitement. Varanasi awaited, and I was eager to be back home. The flight was smooth, and soon I landed in Varanasi, greeted by the familiar sights and sounds.

As I stepped off the plane, I scanned the crowd for Shivansh, my brother. Spotting him, I grinned. "Shaurya bhaiya!" he called out, waving enthusiastically. It felt good to be home.

As i settled into the car next to Shivansh.
"Kaisa hai tu?",i asked him.

(How are you?)

" Badhiya,aap btao aap kaise ho?"he said.

(Great,you tell me how are you?)

"I am good too." I replied.

He couldn't contain his excitement about the party and how he helped dad win the election the whole ride.

"My family has been involved in politics since my great-grandfather's time. After him, my grandfather entered politics, followed by my father. My father wanted me to join politics too, but I felt that it wasn't my calling. So, I shifted to Delhi for a job that I love. At first as expected from indian parents they refused to support my decision and tried stuff like you don't have to do jobs we have enough money, join politics but i was adamant and didn't give up at last they didn't have any other option otherwise than supporting me. My sister, Shivangi, is also pursuing engineering. Shivansh, on the other hand, has a passion for politics, so he is the one among us three who has decided to join."

Back at home,i was welcomed by dadu dadi mumma shivangi and dad wasn't home he was out for work, the atmosphere was lively i touched elders feet and hugged my sister and the first thing she asked me wasn't bhaiya how are you? Want water? Instead it was yes you guessed it " bhaiya, mere chocolates kha hai?"

(Bhaiya,where are my chocolates?)

I gave everyone the gift that i had bought for them.After that mother, was bustling around the kitchen and preparing my favourite lunch for me aaloo ke parathe. Sitting down with my family, I relished the warmth of their company, catching up on everything I had missed.

After lunch, feeling a bit tired from the journey, I decided to take a short nap. As I drifted off to sleep, I thought about the evening ahead, looking forward to the party.

Waking up refreshed, It was already 5:30 i got ready for the party, someone knocked on the door i went to open it.

"Bhaiya where is your phone?" shivangi asked before i even opened the door.

" why?".i asked back instead of answering as i was opening door.

" I have been calling you for like 100 times from the last 10 min but you weren't picking it up. It's already 6, we have to reach the vanue at 6:30 dad and shivansh bhaiya already left we are waiting for you",she said in one go.

"Wait, let me grab my phone, then we can head downstairs." "What harm is there in walking a little? Aalsi"i scolded her as we were going.

At the party i met dad,he hugged me.

"Kaisa hai mera beta?"dad asked.

(How's my son).

"congratulations and i am good. Aap kaise ho?

(How are you)?

"Thanks,i am fine", he replied.
We talked a bit after that dad went to talk to his friends and mum was busy with her aunty gang and shaurya was with papa and shivangi was eating ice cream sitting on a table i was with dadi dadu and they were talking to their friends as i was sitting there listening them since i didn't knew anyone.

It was a private party so not many people were there just important party members and dad's close friends.

As the party came to an end, I felt tired as fuck. I was happy that i'll spend this sunday with my family and having fun.

Hope you guys liked the chapter.

What's your thaught on shaurya?

Please vote and comment.