Chapter 4: The Festival Part 3: The search for Tsukasa

Akito: Man, that made my head hurt

Mizuki: Whew! I'm tired from laughing so much! That play was so crazy, it was surreal!

Y/N: You could say that again.

Mizuki: I got that a bunch of Romeos would battle it out until only one remained, but I didn't expect the last one to go into space and become some cosmic entity.

Mizuki: Toya, you said your friend was the lead? He's definitely got a pretty wild persona...

Toya: It was an exceptionally profound performance...

Mizuki: Huh?

Toya: It may have seemed a farce on the surface, but it was underpinned by philosophical questions. I sense some hidden meaning in the music that played during the final scene as well.

Mizuki: Do you think Toya is under some really powerful hypnosis or something...?

Akito: I see where you're coming from... But I don't think so...

Akito: While we're on this topic, I've got a question. Why do you look up to him so much?

Akito: I remember you saying that you owe him a great deal or something.

Toya: Oh, that's right. I never told you the details, did I?

Toya: You see, I owe him a debt of gratitude.

Mizuki and Y/N: You do?

Toya: Yes. Our parents knew each other, so Tsukasa and I used to play together when we were little.

Akito: Then you two go way back...

Toya: And as you already know, Akito, my dad was teaching me classical music since I was only a few years old.

Toya: However, he was extremely strict...

Toya: He made me practice before going to school and after coming home until it was time for bed. On weekends, I had to spend the entire day playing the piano and violin.

Toya: By the time I started middle school, I couldn't stand it anymore. I started thinking about finding a way out...

Mizuki: That sounds tough. I can only imagine...

Toya: But I couldn't bring myself to disappoint my dad like that after how much time and effort he'd put into nurturing me.

Toya: That's when Tsukasa said something that changed everything.

Y/N: And what's that?

Toya: It's your life, so you should live it your way. If you don't like it, then just say so!

Akito: He said that...?

Toya: Those words are what finally helped me make up my mind.

Toya: It's thanks to Tsukasa that I gave up classical music and became friends with Akito.