✧ Spider Lily - Blade x reader ✧

!Flowershop AU!

The xianzhou luofu wasn't very famous for its wildlife... Other than the mysterious scalegorge waterscape, the planet was so industrialised that seeing flowers growing in their natural habitat was becoming more and more rare to see as the years flew by and the seasons changed. That's why you decided to open the only flower shop that the luofu has ever seen, right on the outskirts of Aurum Alley.

Unfortunately, even after sinking most of your parent's loans into the cultivation of your shop, you found yourself with very few customers...

You told yourself that it was to be expected— that the people of the xianzhou would come pouring in once the time was right. However, even on valentines day, you found yourself with fewer customers than the abandoned market stall opposite your shop (the only customers that ever visited that stall were birds picking up crumbs). You really were at your wits end.

Until one day, he showed up.

The man was tall, broad— his face was mostly obscured by a pair of heavy glasses and a black beanie, and he was dressed in a grey dress coat that seemed like it belonged in a spy fiction movie. His demeanour was just as odd as his looks... As he sauntered around your store, idly browsing through your stock, he suddenly stood to a halt. His dark gaze had fallen upon a bouquet of red spider lilies.

"How much?" His voice was deep and grating, yet strangely quiet. You jumped a little when he spoke, but swiftly regained your composure and cleared your throat.

"For the spider lilies? That'll be-"

"Just one."

You paused again, but this time you were confused.

"Um, its actually cheaper to buy them in a bouquet-"

"I don't care."

"Ehehe..." You chuckled awkwardly. "I'm afraid we don't usually sell them individually, but if its only one that you want, you might aswell just take it."

The stranger raised an eyebrow at you. "Isn't that bad for business?" He queried. You flinched a little at the remark but simply shrugged it off and plucked a lily from the bouquet, handing it to him with a smile on your face.

"Honestly, business can't really get any worse right now sir. Trust me, its on the house."

...

For the next week or so, you kept finding the man outside your shop at the same time every evening. At first you found it odd, but considering that he was the only regular 'customer' you had, you decided that you weren't offended by his presence. You had even taken to leaving him a spider lily out in the front of your display every now and then, which was always replaced by a small pouch of coins whenever it disappeared. You smiled. Despite being odd, this dark stranger of yours seemed like a rather decent man.

One day, instead of just flashing outside your window for a moment to grab a lily, he entered your shop just like he did the first time the two of you met. You startled at the jingling of the doorbell and shot up from behind the counter, but relaxed once you realised who had entered. You welcomed him in with a smile; he gave you a small nod in return.

Eventually, the two of you ended up sat in the back of the shop together, each with a cup of coffee in hand. Now that he was indoors, he had taken off his glasses and face mask... You had to admit, he was pretty blessed in the face department.

"So, Mr mysterious stranger, why is it that you insist on buying only a single spider lily each time you come here? I have to say, it might be friendlier for your wallet if you simply invested in a bouquet!" You chuckled, blowing gently at the foam on your coffee. The man didn't respond, but you saw him blink slowly, considering. The way his dark lashes framed his bright eyes was entrancing to look at, and you followed them with your gaze as they fluttered slightly.

"I have no need for ten spider lilies."

You laughed a loudly, and the stranger seemed surprised by the sound. "So you need one spider lily a day, yet ten is too many at once? Say, what on earth do you do with those lilies once you buy them!?" You giggled, and he sighed.

"They wilt after a day..." He mumbled, his voice low. He didn't speak much, even during your conversation with him. However, when he did, his answers were short and his voice was quiet. Yet somehow, you didn't sense any malice from him. He just seemed like the super-introverted type.

You giggled a little at his response. "Don't tell me you just leave them out on the counter? You have to put them in water to make them last, you know." When you looked back at him, his expression was a little baffled.

"... Are you sure? The ones in your shop are never in water."

"That's because I soak them at night, silly!" You laughed at how oblivious he was, and he looked away in embarrassment. Feeling a little bad, you placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it, you can have as many single spider lilies as you want. That's what you get in return for being my only regular customer!" This time when you laughed it was a bit more forced, but the stranger didn't seem to notice. He simply finished off his coffee and stood up from his chair, pulling his mask back over his face without a word. You cocked your head to the side and smiled.

"Hey, why do you wear that funny disguise anyway?" You picked his sunglasses up off the table and polished them on your skirt before handing them back for him to slide over his eyes. He remained as expressionless as ever; you noticed that he didn't look much different with his disguise on or off. Noticing your scrutinising gaze, the man sighed and turned away to leave. You panicked, thinking you'd offended him, and went to grab his sleeve.

"Wait-" You called frantically. When he stopped on command, you froze up. You hadn't expected him to pause so obediently. "I... errr..." You mumbled, your ears flushing pink. "Will you be back tomorrow?"

The man stayed silent for a moment before answering. "Do you wish for me to come back?"

Now it was your turn to become silent. Swallowing a lump in your throat, you met his cold gaze, not expecting to feel warmth in your tummy at the way he was staring down at you.

"... Yes, I do wish for that."

"Then you will see me tomorrow."

Part 2?

1128 words