3

"Hyunwook. Community service? Out of all the clubs? Did a ghost possess him or something?" Wooseok wondered. "But now that I think about it, he did seem interested in-" He stopped himself.

"What? Why did you stop midway?" I ask.

"Nothing, I guess he's into volunteering these days." He says. Something was suspicious about the way he said that. I've known him for quite a long time, he was being weird. I didn't want to look into it any further because I was afraid I'd get hurt. He doesn't lie to me unless it's something I REALLY shouldn't know, so I'll just keep it that way. It's for the best.

"Okay, whatever. I'll enjoy the club just with me and you." I said, patting his shoulder excitedly. "Let's go get tteokbokki, shall we? There's a new place opening up near our school so let's go."

"Alright. Oh by the way, I thought you were gonna join the dance club? Not the music one." He asks.

"Oh that reminds me, I need to sign up for it too. It's fine, I can do both of them. If I don't make the team, I can always just practice dance after school at the studio." I say.

-Time Skip-

Lunch was over and I was making my way towards my class. Hyejin was sitting and waiting for me. "Hey Soyeon! Where have you been? I told you to meet me in the cafeteria." I suddenly remember, she asked me to come because she needed to tell me something important.

"Oh, right! Sorry girl, I forgot. I went to Wooseok's class and talk him into signing up. There's a new music club!" I excitedly tell her.

"Whatever. About the thing I needed to tell you, it's about Hyunwook. He's signing up for that community service club. Not by himself, but with Chaewon!" She says. I could tell she was a little frustrated.

"I know."

"You know?! And you're not mad or anything?! Soyeon, what's up with you? People are creating rumors saying you two have separated and that he's into someone new." She looks at me, angrily. "Soyeon. You've had a crush on Hyunwook for what, your entire life? Hello? The guy that you've been calling 'my man' is about to get stolen!"

"Calm down Hyejin, I understand. But I don't own him or anything, he's allowed to hang out and be with other girls. We're not dating whatsoever, so I have no right to be mad. Thank you though, Hyejin. You're truly my best friend." I caress her hand, comforting her and myself at the same time.

That night, I couldn't sleep per usual. You see, I have insomnia. I've been taking sleeping pills daily, but ever since the start of high school, I stopped. Maybe it was because Hyunwook and I grew closer. We started to talk more, help each other more, and just grew closer in general. But that night, I was sleepless. I kept thinking about what Hyejin had said. Is it true? Obviously, him joining the club was true, but was it true that he had feelings for her? Just after that one encounter? Was it love at first sight? Had he never liked me from the start? What am I to him?

Those were the questions that were repeating in my shallow mind. Those questions kept me awake until the morning. I didn't sleep for a single minute. All I did was stare at the ceiling, overthinking. I must be overthinking. I would like to believe none of this is true, but my mind doesn't allow me to.