0. Cause You And I We Were Born To Die

000

000. Cause You And I We Were Born To Die.

🎸

Again.

For the past two hours, Colby Huxhold had been fully immersed in his drumming, trying to master the latest beat his band had come up with. Typically, he was a master at this, feeling the exact beat and each chord. Colby had been playing the drums since high school, and his skills had only improved over time. When he moved in with his godfather, he received a warm welcome gift - a brand-new drum set. Even after all these years, that same drum set remained in his possession, and he had grown accustomed to its unique sound and feel. Colby was determined to get this new beat-down pat. He experimented with different rhythms and tempos. Trying to find the perfect combination to make the beat sound cohesive and powerful. As he played, he closed his eyes and let the music take over, the rhythm flowing through him. 

The male cursed as he messed something up, again. Colby opened his eyes, with a hint of frustration. "For a newbie, you're pretty decent."

There was that voice.

Colby was feeling disinterested when he turned his head and noticed Valentin Vladimir, the lead guitarist of the band, leaning against the doorframe. Valentin had been giving Colby a hard time ever since he joined the group two weeks ago. Colby had started to wonder if he had made a mistake by joining Laughing for the Crazy Woman. However, he was not willing to give Valentin the satisfaction of knowing that he held significant power over him. Besides, Colby was not the type of person to quit easily. He believed that if Valentin did not like him being in the band, it was not his problem to worry about.

"For an oldie, you're pretty decent at riding my balls," Colby shot back, glancing back at his drums and placing his drumsticks off to the side. It's not that he felt insecure about playing in front of Valentin, or anyone for that matter. But Colby wanted it to be perfect, for his sake of course. "What're doing here, anyway?" He asked Valentin, still keeping his gaze on anything other than the male.

"I'm pretty sure you've seen enough of my balls to know that my balls are bigger than yours by a long shot," Valentin said in a teasing tone, pulling out his iconic grin as he stepped closer, using his shoulder for support as he stopped leaning against the doorframe. He frowned, running a hand through his hair at the question. "I came down here because I wanted to, duh. And besides you looked lonely, anyway," The male replied, rolling his eyes.

"You say that as if it's a bad thing," Colby shrugged. He enjoyed his solitude, and besides being the mysterious quiet kid was sort of his thing since childhood. Some may call it weird, but quite frankly Colby didn't care. "If that's all you needed, you can leave, y'know," The male stood up, now facing Valentin. He eyed the male's figure, taking in his features before glancing into his eyes.

Valentin grinned once more, placing his hand on his hips and he tilted his head. "What if I don't want to?" He asked, his tone filled with mischief. Colby stared, his face blank as he finally grew the courage to step closer, the dim light illuminating both of their faces.

"Listen, big boy," Colby glared, clenching his jaw as he picked his words carefully. "I don't know what you want from me, or if you get a kick of being an ass. But I will personally shove my foot up your ass and record it for the whole world to see," The anger was palpable in his voice, eyes wild with rage, and his fists were clenched. "Now if you excuse me, I have something better to do than be a burden to society."

Before Valentin could say anything, Colby was heading toward the door, placing his airpods in his ear as he opened the door, closing it behind him. And, out of spite locking the door from the outside, pretending not to hear Valentin banging on the door.

Little did they know everything would go to shit from there.

AUTHORS NOTE.
so, uhm, prologue. this will probably need serious editing because i pulled this out of my ass once again
to be honest this was more so to get a feel of colby and val's dynamic, y'know? a feel type of thing. i write better than this i swear :( just this bug of writers block has been eating at me so i'm glad i could get this out!

as always, thoughts and opinions are welcomed! be sure to get your forms done because i have a feeling this is gonna be a great project of mine and i'm excited to go on this journey with you all!
uh, that's all! thanks for reading and expect more to come as sparkles of motivation comes through i guess? hopefully, it'll come soon! :)

i love you all and thanks for everything once again!