004. Like The Movies, They Always End

🎸

Entry Seven,

Simon Vega joined the band around the time I joined.

So, I guess he's been here for about a year.

Simon is an interesting character.

Easy-going, opinionated, calm when needed.

He reminds me of my mother, and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I love my mother.

Do I love Simon? No. Merely, I tolerate his presence for my sake.

Simon isn't so bad.

I think.

-

River Calloway didn't usually act like this. Or, he tried not to. Usually, people knew him to be a happy-go-lucky guy, but fans rarely saw him without his usual smile. He has that energy that draws people in, the type of energy that makes people want to know more. Like a moth to a flame, he just loved the attention.

The male felt his jaw clench when looking over at his bandmate, Isla Delladova, and the band's photographer, Simon Vega, giggling and laughing about something under their breaths. River felt a burning sensation throughout his body. It was something more than anger but less than rage. He couldn't take his eyes off the scene, trying to convince himself that what he was feeling was nothing because it was nothing. Valentin Vladimir, River's bandmate and friend once told him "Don't let these chicks get the best of you".

He could use that advice right now.

"Hello? River Elias Calloway?" Dorothy 'Dory' Monroe snapped her fingers in his face, causing him to snap out of his trance with a look of annoyance on his face. However, he dared not let it show as he put on his best smile for Dorothy. However, River knew deep down he wasn't fooling her. They were siblings. After all, Dory always knew when something wasn't right about her brothers' behavior.

"Sorry," River silently apologized, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly as he turned to Dory. "What were you saying?"

It had been just two minutes after practice ended, with the band going to their own thing around the studio. Some of them went off for a snack break while others lingered around, having conversations with each other. River and Dory were the few who lingered, speaking to each other about their day and catching up on things.