The March to the City

Meanwhile, at the Emerald City, the girls were calmly walking amongst the streets. Now all the men have been locked in prison and Omby Amby and Jellia Jamb are in hiding. Some of the girls had the emeralds decorated around their dresses or had them shaped into jewelry. Jinjur has now possessed the throne room and has proclaimed herself Queen Jinjur of the Emerald City. Now she wore a crown on her head while being waited upon by the Guardian of the Gates who was the only man she let stay out for a certain amount of time in a day.

Knocking on the gates doors using a cane was old Mombi on the other side. One of the girls opened the door and gave out a little cry of fright. They saw the woman angry and covered in sweat.

" show me to the Scarecrow " shouted Mombi.

One of the girls laughed and told the sorcerer " that fool has been out our hair since yesterday ".

" what do you mean out?" Questioned Mombi.

She continued " look around, do you notice anything".

Mombi checked out her surroundings to find that all the emeralds were nearly gone, the streets were quiet with hardly any people around, and that she found herself amongst a large group of women.

" what is going? Is there a new ruler" she asked.

The girl replied " why yes. Her name is Queen Jinjur and she has declared Oz be ruled by women and that the men should reconcile in their solidarity."

" are you witches?" Asked Mombi.

" oh goodness no" she answered " we are the army of revolt".

Mombi wasn't flattered by what she heard. All she cared about was finding Tip before the wrong person does. So she told the girl " take me to your Queen".

" why on Earth would we do that?"

She replied " because I am a witch " even though she was lying " and I will cast all of you to embers if you do not take me to your Queen. No harm will be done to her I promise, but I can't say the same for you if you don't take me to her".

This sent chills down her spine and instantly took Mombi to the Palace of Oz. They led her up the marble stairs that stopped at the doors at the top. She opened the door while Mombi walked in. Through a doorway the sorcerer walked until she came upon the throne room where Jinjur sat in the chair. In front of Jinjur was a golden plate that had cupcakes, chocolates, vanilla cookie, and many other good sweets to eat.

She saw Mombi coming towards her and stood up from her seat. She spoke in a snarky tone " and just who might you be?".

" excuse yourself child" said Mombi " I am not the one you ought to utter a tone with. You are not the Queen of Oz she doesn't exist ".

She returned " she does now. The royal family hasn't been heard of in years and now that I have conquered the Emerald City by overthrowing the Scarecrow, I am the Queen. This won't be the end of it. I still have the Munchkin and Winkie Country to uphold".

" are you not a witch and is that not your coven outside?"

Jinjur stated " oh no, we are all just regular girls taking a stand for what is right in Oz. I have an miniature army of misfits that are out probably planning to destroy me. I just want my hands on the Scarecrow ".