Chapter 7

The first weekend of May has arrived. Ike and his friends learned to silently listen to the teacher in class. Only Sudo continued to sleep during class, but no one tried to stop him. Since we still haven't been able to find a reliable way to increase class points, Sudo's habits have not been paid attention to yet.

And yet the wrath of his classmates fell upon him.

I also want to sleep. It's almost lunchtime, it's hard not to fall asleep here. On top of that, yesterday I stayed up late watching a movie. It would be wonderful to take a nap now.

I was already starting to nod off when I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my right arm.

- What?!

-What is it, Ayanokouji? You screamed. Are you worried about adolescence?

- N-no, sorry, Chabashira-sensei. Just a speck of dirt got into my eye.

Normally the students would start whispering, but now they were silent and glared at me, obviously worried about our scores. While scratching the sore spot, I looked at Horikita and saw her with a compass in her hand.

It is not normal. Why did she even need a compass? We don't need him in history classes. When the bell rang, I approached her.

— There are things you can do and things you can't do! Compasses are a dangerous thing!

-Are you angry?

-You made a hole in my hand! Hole!

-What are you talking about? When did I poke a compass at you?

"Obviously, here you have the murder weapon in your hands."

"Do you think I injected you just because I saw a compass in my hand?"

"It wasn't the noise of the lesson that woke me up, but the pain."

- Be careful. If you were seen sleeping, points would be deducted from us.

Horikita wanted to break out of Class D so much that she began to worry about that too. The protest against the distribution rules ended in nothing for her. Damn, it hurts. Damn it, if Horikita ever falls asleep herself, I'll wake her up the same way.

As everyone began to gather for lunch, Hirata spoke up.

"The test Chabashira-sensei spoke about is coming very soon." We all understand that if we don't get a passing grade, we will be expelled. So I think it would be a good idea to create study groups." The D-class Hero, who intended to do charity work, continued:

- If you neglect your studies, you will fail the tests and you will be expelled. I want to avoid this. But this is not the only goal, because high scores will certainly be reflected in the number of our points. I asked for help from some guys who had good marks in the last test. So if you are not confident that you will score enough, please join a study group. Of course, the others can do it as well." Having said this, Hirata looked at Sudou.

"Damn..." he looked away, crossed his arms and closed his eyes. Ever since Sudou rejected Hirata's offer to introduce himself, their relationship had not improved at all.

"From five o'clock today until test day, I plan to regularly study for two hours here in class. If you want to join, come. Of course, you can leave the group whenever you want. That's all!

When Hirata finished, several of the guys with the worst grades stood up and approached him.

Only Sudo, Ike and Yamauchi did not accept help from him. The last two were a little hesitant, but still refused.

I can't tell if they were scared of Sudou's wrath or just jealous of Hirata's popularity.

—Are you free at lunchtime? Maybe we can eat together? - Horikita asked me during recess.