🍓6. April🍓

I woke up with a tight knot in my stomach. I couldn't sleep well at night. The fight I had with dad, made me feel sick. I've already regretted the harsh words I said to him...

I got up with a heavy heart, and after I washed and dressed, it was time to leave my room, to face him... What will I say to him? How will I look at him in the eyes?

I exhaled and opened the door. As usual, he will be waiting for me downstairs, speechless, cold, with a hurt look in his eyes, to drive me to school in silence.

I went out into the corridor, but it was very quiet. There were usually noises from the kitchen downstairs as he always prepared breakfast.

I went downstairs and saw only mom, quietly preparing breakfast.

- Mom?

- You got up?

- Yes... dad?

I asked hesitantly.

- He is sleeping.

I gasped in surprise.

- Did something happen? Is he sick?

I asked worriedly because he had never slept so much. He always wakes up early.

Mom turned to look at me with a look that gave me the impression that she knew what had happened. Of course, she knew. She always knows. Even if she didn't hear us, she understands everything from pure instinct.

- Are you worried about your dad April?

Mom asked.

- I'm always worried and you know it, mom.

I said and came closer to her. My gaze was shadowed by sadness and concern.

She stroked my hair and said.

- No matter how angry you are, count to ten, let the anger go, and then speak. There is no way someone did not regret the words he spoke in anger. Anger is a bad counselor, my child, especially when it has to do with family, because family is the people you live with, and are tied to you for life. They are not friends that you see for a moment or a few hours alone or with whom you have simple communication.

- Mom I regretted what I said to dad, and I felt bad since yesterday... I didn't want to say to him such words... You can't imagine how awful I felt, and how much I cried afterwards...

- You may have regretted your words, April, but words remain. We are responsible for our words and should not throw them casually away. As you say, you're a grown-up now. If you are a grown-up, then you have to behave like one. Words have great power and can influence others. You must have heard the saying, the tongue has no bones but it breaks bones...

- Yes Mom...

I said bowing my head.

- Think about how you will make amends now. Your dad was hurt yesterday.

I looked up at her with eyes clouded with tears that were ready to flow down my cheeks.

- I know you regretted it, April. Remember how you feel now, so you don't do it again. We learn from our mistakes.

- Yes Mom! So...dad isn't taking us to school, is he?

Alec asked running down the stairs.

- No, Alec. Today you will go on foot. April take your brother to school first because the roads are dangerous and then go to yours.

- Really? We are going on our own?

I asked surprised and happy at the same time, mostly because I wouldn't be facing Dad. I wasn't ready to see him yet, to talk to him... By the time I get back, I'll think of something...