★ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗜𝗜𝗜. ▬▬▬ ( #𝗸𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗯𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗺 )

IT WAS THE DAY AFTER the whole derek incident in the woods, and kaia, ava, and adeline started walking back to ava's house when school had finished

IT WAS THE DAY AFTER the whole derek incident in the woods, and kaia, ava, and adeline started walking back to ava's house when school had finished. ava lived relatively close to the school, so whenever they hung out, they usually walked to the rhodes residence.

"my back hurts," kaia complained, her backpack weighing her down.

instead of comforting her friend, adeline looked down with a smile. "old lady," she said, and then broke out into small giggles at her own, very short, and very unfunny joke.

kaia deadpanned her.

"maybe get a new backpack?" ava suggested, adjusting her own as she spoke.

kaia scoffed. "my dad won't get me one," she frowned. "he says i need to make my own money. and we all know i'm too lazy to get a job."

"i am too, don't worry," adeline still had a smile brightening her features. this time, kaia smiled back.

"i want to start skipping," ava randomly brought up.

adeline looked at her, "i'll do it if you both do it." they both turned to kaia, who started shaking her head.

"no." adeline and ava looked at each other before starting to skip off without kaia. "fine!"

soon enough, the trio had arrived at ava's house, settling on (attempting) to bake cupcakes. let's just say if the baking was a test their grades would be in the negatives.

because within minutes, ava was launching handfuls and handfuls of flour at kaia.

adeline sat at the island counter, throwing skittles into her mouth as she laughed at her friends' food fight. however, it abruptly turned into a food fight she was involved in when ava threw flour at her as well.

adeline dramatically gasped, nonetheless she was laughing. "you little bitch," she called ava, then turning to kaia. "can we team up on her? please?"

in response, she got a bunch of cupcake batter thrown on her.

AFTER KAIA, AVA, AND ADELINE had finished their food fight, focusing more so on cleaning the floor as to cleaning their faces. but they realized they probably should've turned their attention to their faces first when stiles and scott walked in.

". . .what?" scott voiced, staring at the three.

kaia blinked. "how do we explain this?"

"um, so, actually. . ." ava trailed off.

adeline tilted her head, trying to think. "kaia, ava, and adeline baking team?" she tried with jazz hands.

"it needs to be catchier," ava decided, now thinking of what could work.

"ooh! kaveline baking team!" kaia snapped her fingers and pointed to nothing in particular, excited that she thought of something.

"yippee kai yay!" stiles cheered sarcastically, his face dropping instantly afterwards. "now, come on, addi, i have to talk to you." he gave no further explanation and grabbed her wrist, leading her outside while scott stayed with kaia and ava. "so first of all, you're brother was bit in the woods and you know that, so why am i repeating it? i don't kno—"