119

~Chapter 119~

"Your Majesty, the Heavenly Empress has good relations with Chief Chang Qin. She is our Emperor's elder. How can our Emperor go to the Heavenly Empress..."

Thinking of Feng Ran's domineering temperament and reputation over the past tens of thousands of years, not to mention the past affairs between the Heavenly Empress and the former Second Prince of Heavenly Palace. If she really went to Wutong Island to propose marriage, she might be struck out by the Empress's divine thunder.

Chang Yun felt so bitter that she could no longer say these words. 

"Then there is nothing more to say." Feng Yin waved her hand, still looking cheerful, "There is no reason for me to get married before my master. But after all, this is the agreement between my master and Chief Chang Qin..." when she mentioned Chang Qin and Feng Yin looked slightly more serious and said, "Elder Chang Yun, although the Demon Emperor and I are not destined to be husband and wife, since it is the promise of the elders, we should compromise."

Compromise? Everyone in the hall was stunned, what kind of compromise?

"The Demon Emperor and I can't be husband and wife. Being friends can be regarded as fulfilling the friendship between the two elders." Feng Yin's voice sounded steadily from the throne, "Elder Chang Yun, bring my words to the Demon Emperor like this. If he has no objections, he can find a day to come to Wutong Island to pay homage to my master, and settle this matter."

The hall fell silent because of Feng Yin's words. Before the immortals could object, Chang Yun had already stepped forward and cupped her hands towards Feng Yin, overjoyed, "Your Majesty Feng Yin is so righteous, I will definitely bring it to His Majesty."

Chang Yun had no hope of marrying Feng Yin back to the demon clan, but Feng Yin was not constrained by the immortal clan and was willing to form a sworn friendship with Hong Yi. It was pie in the sky. 

"Phoenix Queen!" The immortal's reaction was not as quick as Chang Yun's, but he was not slow either. Lord Jing Lei immediately stood up with an angry look on his face, "How can Your Majesty have a sworn friendship to the demon clan?"

"Oh? Why not?"

"The demon clan and our immortal clan have a big hatred. Your Majesty..." 

Feng Yin's gaze fell heavily on Jing Lei, "Lord Jing Lei, when my master achieved nirvana and became emperor in Rakshasa Land more than a thousand years ago, she already announced to the Three Realms and Nine Heavens that we, Wutong Island, would no longer intervene in the disputes between the two clans. Have you forgotten it?"

Feng Yin's eyes wandered over the faces of the immortals in the hall, and finally said calmly: "My master never had a large circle of old friends. When she was living in Yuan Ling Swamp, she was raised by an old demon tree. Speaking of which, Chang Qin is the leader of the Fox Clan and her only friend. Even if I don't abide by the agreement she made with Chief Chang Qin, I won't treat it like nothing."

Feng Yin's words are absolutely correct. Back then, Feng Ran lived in the Yuan Ling Swamp and was hunted down by the immortals. If it weren't for the former Heavenly Emperor Mu Guang's plea and Jing Jian's tragic death, Feng Ran wouldn't bother to take care of the affairs of Heavenly Palace. On the contrary, Chang Qin and Feng Ran's friendship is a fact known to the Three Realms.

Seeing Feng Yin mentioning the unfair past of the Immortal Clan, all the immortals in the hall coughed in embarrassment and fell silent. Even Lord Jing Lei opened his mouth in annoyance and sat down as Lord Yu Feng shook his head.