Prologue

The roaring of the wind racing through the trees, the moonlight shining across the grass, the sand between her talons, they're all things she would miss. Trapped in this dark room, with nothing but the sound of her own thoughts to keep her company, one dragon could go mad being alone like this for so long. Wait, how long has it been now? Her mind raced for an answer, but found nothing. Her feathered wings folded by her side as she lay curled in a ball on the cold stone floor of the cave she was left in. It's been years since her mother had left her in this cave, the stone lay firm underneath her, no bumps or cracks, oddly smooth. Her night vision alights everything in the room, as well as a small hole where the sun can squeeze its way through to her from time to time, allowing her small meals to eat. Maybe her mother wasn't totally heartless, but nevertheless she was stuck in a cave alone for who knows how long. She doesn't remember much, just that her mother had locked her up in this cave, her mother used her magic to seal the cave before disappearing. She suspects that her mother also had wiped her memory, as she doesn't remember anything before then. She looked around her little room; she had a pile of dead, crunched leaves that used to be a bed when she had first arrived. A few of her favorite scrolls that she had; lay nicely on the floor, although she doesn't remember where they came from. Her small frail body picked itself up and walked over to her little corner near the sealed entrance of her little room. She'd use her long sharp talons to carve into the walls to make drawings. Or she would write stories about her mother coming back to save her, but that hasn't happened. She has a small, thin body, covered in white feathers. Her eyes shone a bright gold, she had no iris and no scarlea, her entire eye was a deep golden color. She had long white horns that curved downwards like a Rainwing, and a golden stripe marking near her eyes. She has two horn rings on each horn, both have a chain connecting each other. Her four feathered wings drag along the cold, dusted floor when she walks, she grew weaker as each day passed, she finds herself thinking, will I die here? Her long tail has a tuft of feathers at the end of it, she has some scales occasionally on her body, but it is mostly feathers. She'd curl her tail up to her front talons as she lay, resting her head between her talons, as the moons slowly descend, the sun fought its way into view, they sky getting brighter and warmer, as she grew colder and weaker as the years dragged on.