Part 20

I was going to my cousin's wedding and I decided to bring Leo as my date. I was a little nervous to introduce him to my extended family but he was a social butterfly. I had nothing to worry about.

They had a beautiful ceremony but the thing Leo and I were looking forward to most was the open bar. When we arrived at the reception that's where we headed first. We made sure to book a room at the hotel so we could leave whenever.

We mingled for a bit and stayed close to one another. He held my hand as I introduced him to everyone. We ran into my brother's friend and things started to go downhill.

"Hi Jess," I smiled and he looked excited to see me. Leo had heard of Jess but they had never met. He didn't like the sound of Jess but since they didn't know each other he never made a final decision. I on the other hand had decided he was creepy. He was touchy and flirty even though I had communicated time and time again I was not interested.

"Ava, it's lovely to see you," he responded and pulled me in for a hug. I was surprised but I hugged him back to be polite. The hug was long. And awkward.

"This is my boyfriend, Leo," I told him when I pulled away and looked up at him. Leo faked a smile and held his hand out for Jess to shake.

"Pleasure to meet you," Leo spoke.

"Yeah," Jess simply responded and averted his attention to me. I looked up at Leo and he looked stunned. I was too. Couldn't Jess fake politeness for a second? he was a weird guy and I couldn't understand why everyone insisted on having him around all the time. "You look beautiful," he told me and Leo held my waist.

"Thanks," I said and placed my hand on top of Leo's. "We're gonna go and find our table," I said and waved as Leo led us away.

"Well he's a prick isn't he," he said and I laughed.

"He is," I sighed as we sat down. We tried not to let that ruin our night and for the most part, it didn't. It was great to see my cousin so in love and happy.

Leo went to get us more drinks and Jess took this as his opportunity. He came and sat beside me while most of the guests were dancing. It was like he was waiting for the right moment.

I looked around in search of Leo but I couldn't see him. I was stuck.

"Are you okay?" Jess asked me when he noticed me looking around. He cleared his throat and loosened his tie.

"Yeah I'm fine," I bluntly said.

"Ava, we both know I'm the one for you. What are you doing wasting your time with a guy like him." I was astonished.

"A guy like him?" I repeated just so he could hear what he said. "He's perfect. I don't know where you got the impression that he isn't. Or that I want you. Leave me alone." I said and got up to leave. I turned around and saw Leo angrier than ever.

"If I see you anywhere near her I'll knock you the fuck out." Leo said sternly and took my hand. I held it tight and l watched Jess fill with rage.

Leo walked past him and barged him as we went back to the bar. Leo made me feel safe whenever we were together and I loved him for that.

At this point, we were taking advantage of the open bar to forget about our encounter with Jess. We danced until we couldn't anymore and I was starting to get hot.

Leo and I left hand in hand to get some fresh air. As soon as we stepped outside I stopped walking and kissed him feverishly.

"Oh I've wanted you all night," I whispered and he smiled at my bluntness. I was drunk but I didn't care. He needed to know. The way he defended me in front of that cunt just made me love him more. It was so hot.