Meet Craftychicken

1. How did you start writing on Wattpad?

I originally started writing on Wattpad two years ago. I decided to try and write a whole book in 30 days in time for the Wattys in 2022. I succeeded and wrote the most awful book you've ever seen in your life. It was a historical murder mystery set in the victorian times called The Devil Lies Amongst Us.

2. What is your favorite genre to write? What draws you to it? 

My favorite genre to write is really anything with a bit of mystery. As long as there's questions the reader will want answers to, I'm there :)

3. You started writing Loving You is a Losing Game for this year's Open Novella Contest (ONC). Which prompt(s) did you draw inspiration from, and what got you especially excited about them?

The prompt which mostly got me was 33: A broken heart still beats with all its pieces. And it still wants the same person. 

 I'd been wanting to write a romance with an asexual main character for a while, and the ONC provided a great reason to get started. I planned out the characters and chose my prompt, and that was it really... I love this prompt in particular because it allowed me to make this story a little sad and show that if you know who it is your heart desires, you need to fight for them.

4. Without giving too many spoilers, what is your favorite scene in Loving You is a Losing Game?

Nice question! This is a scene which happens a few chapters in, and without spoilers, this is our male protagonist showing his love for our female MC: 

"I'm not going to say her name yet, but I said that this whole thing was an attempt to win her love back, so here I go. While I can't promise I will be perfect, and I can't promise you the world, I can promise you this, if I had the world, I would give it to you. I would give you every opportunity. I would take you to the far ends of the earth if you wanted to go there, and I would love to be there to watch all your dreams come true. I know that regardless of the decision you make today, and I hope you'll say yes to save me the embarrassment, you will be incredible. You are a gift to the world, and you changed my life forever."  

5. There have been many amazing stories in this year's ONC! Out of all the entries you've read so far, which one has been your favorite?

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to read any ONC stories yet, but I'm super excited too now that you've said there are some great ones.

Huge thanks to craftychicken for the amazing interview! It's great to see more ace romance stories, and we hope you'll fall in love with Loving You is a Losing Game