5

21 years ago

A month.

It had been a month since Soobin had started coming into the cafe. He ordered the cappuccino every time he came in. Which was everyday except Sundays. Yeonjun came to learn from his friendly talks with the man that Sundays were his day off and he liked to spend that time staying inside.

However, that was the one of the only things Yeonjun's found out about the taller male. The raven haired man was a mystery. He would always walk into the cafe, dressed in an outfit that made him look unbearably pretty, order his coffee, share polite exchanges and simple jokes with Yeonjun before heading off to sit at one of the booths pushed up against the wall. He would read a bit while finishing up his coffee before heading out for work, waving at Yeonjun if he caught him staring.

Something about the tall man made Yeonjun's body feel warm. Like the younger one was a comfortable presence even without getting to know him. He didn't even know if he was younger or older than him yet. Yeonjun was curious about the quiet boy. He really wanted to get to know him. He just needed to figure out how.

•.•.
Now

"Yeonjun. Can we talk?"

Yeonjun looked up from his food and he saw Chaewon standing in front of the entryway to the dining room. He nodded as he quickly swallowed his food.

Chaewon came over and sat across from her husband, looking a little nervous and hesitant. Yeonjun became worried about what she would say.

"I'm sorry."

Yeonjun's head jerked up, hurting his neck a little bit. He was confused. Very confused.

"Why are you apologizing? I should be the one to apologize."

Chaewon chuckled before nodding her head. "I agree you should also be apologizing but I also need to. You've been clear with me since I met you that your past is not something you want to delve into and I should respect that. I'm just scared of what your past holds. Like what if you murdered 10,000 people and you're hiding their remains in those boxes you know?" Chaewon giggled at her own words. Yeonjun smiled slightly.

"Well I'm not a murderer I can assure you that. But yes I'm also sorry. I shouldn't have kept those boxes." Yeonjun said as he reached out to hold Chaewon's hands across the table.

"Agreed." She replied.

They smiled at each other before Chaewon got up, making her way around the table. Her playful demeanor was gone and she approached Yeonjun with a different look, one he's seen many times before. He watched as she straddled his lap, her hands reaching up to grab at his shoulders. He wrapped his hands around her waist, holding her tightly.

She leaned closer before locking their lips together, Yeonjun responding quickly and matching her set pace.

"Take me to bed?" She whispered against the older one's lips. He replied by grabbing the back of her thighs, lifting her and walking away to their bedroom. He was going to make it up to her one way or another.

•.•.
21 years ago

"You're a real mystery you know." Yeonjun said as he handed Soobin his cappuccino. Yeonjun started getting the coffee ready before Soobin arrived, noticing he came in at 8:30 every time.

"W-what?" The boy asked, clearly confused. Yeonjun laughed fondly at the reaction. He leaned onto the counter that separated the two.

"I'm saying I want to get to know you more. You're becoming a regular and I don't even know if you're my hyung or my dongsaeng."

Now it was Soobin's turn to laugh. He held his drink with both hands and looked down before looking up to meet Yeonjun's eyes.

"A fact a day."

"Hm?"

"You get a fact a day. Is that okay?"

Yeonjun nodded enthusiastically, biting his lip to hold back his massive smile. He then stood up straight because his back started to hurt from leaning over onto the counter. "What's today's fact?"

"I'm 19."

"Then you can call me Hyung. I'm 20."

Soobin smiled fondly, his dimples appearing. Yeonjun's heart swelled at the sight of his eyes turning to crescents and seeing his bunny teeth.

"Okay hyung."

•.•.
Now

Yeonjun and Chaewon were laying on their bed, done with their activities, both breathing heavily. Yeonjun turned to look at his wife, her turning her head to do the same.

"So did I make it up to you?" Yeonjun asked. Chaewon giggled, hitting him playfully on his arm. She cuddled up to his side and nodded.

"Of course. Your cock is so good." She replied. Yeonjun cringed inside when she said those words but he made sure she didn't notice that. He just kissed her forehead and smiled.

"I'm serious though. Are we okay now?" Yeonjun asked. Chaewon sighed and looked up at the older.

"I'd like to think we are. You told me not to worry about what's in those boxes so I won't. But I need you to pull yourself together. Soonja said that you cried in front of her. That's not manly or fatherly of you. You need to try harder. Please? For me. For Soonja. And for yourself. For our family. Okay?"

"Okay. I'll try harder."

"Thank you."

It was silent for a moment before Yeonjun pushed down his emotions and breathed in.

"Okay let's go shower- We have to go get Soonja from school soon." Yeonjun said, getting up from the bed. Chaewon made grabby hands at him and he sighed, understanding that she couldn't walk and picked her up.

"You're such a baby Chae."

"Your baby."

He cringed once again.

•.•.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

One dream~Kai 🫶🏼

4/22/24