Chapter Sixteen

Cassandra

When we got into the city, inuna kong idrop ang kasama ni Daisy sa apartment nito. She thanked me and nagpaalam ito kay Daisy ng napakatagal that I have to stop myself from rolling my eyes at them. Pati goodbye kasi kailangan ulit-ulitin.

  After that, I drove directly to Daisy's apartment naman para idrop ito. After parking my car, she took off her seatbelt and turned her attention towards me. "Thank you so much, miss," she said sincerely, and gave me her charming smile.

  There she goes again with that smile.

  "No worries."

  Then she gave me a playful grin. "Pero grabe ka naman, miss. Hindi ka talaga nagpasabi na isasabay mo kami. Pabebe ka pa sa text at ayaw mo pa akong sagutin doon. Pagbibigyan mo rin naman pala ako," she said.

  I quickly avoided her gaze. "I just thought it would be beneficial for you, Daisy."

  "So, anong event ba ang pinunta mo doon? Binibisita mo ba ako, miss? Na-miss mo ata ako eh, sabi pa ni Daniel hinanap mo raw ako sa kanya. "

  Napa-ubo ako sa sinabi nito. "What the heck? I didn't even—ugh, just get out and leave my car, Andrino. You're being annoying again."

  "Uy, pinagtatabuyan kasi kunwareng—"

  "Stop it, okay? I was just there to attend some important errands with ny dad."

  "Sana sinama mo ako, miss. Para meet the parents ganun."

  "Andrino!"

  She laughed at me at tsaka lumabas na sa sasakyan ko. "Bye, Attorney! Ingat ka, sasagutin mo pa ako."

  And then she took her things in the back of my car at kumaway paalis. I'm left alone in my car processing what she said.

  That kid. So annoying!

* * *

  And I was busy for the rest of the week. Hindi na rin ako nakadaan sa school because of the piled up meeting and hearing session that I have to attend. It's Friday now and I am too tired and drained to even drive myself pauwi.

  Gosh, working sometimes sucks.

  My phone suddenly buzzed and I saw a text message from my friend inviting me to their penthouse para sa isang party.

  Napanguso naman ako. It's friday and I'd rather have my bed than drink my ass off.

  Ilang minuto pa ay tumawag na talaga sa akin si Van, which I answered immediately.

  "Please, let me off kasi I'm too tired to even drive papunta diyan," I told him, without even saying hi.

  "What? Nakalimutan mo na ba what day it is today?" He asked from the other line.

  "What?"

  "It's Fred's birthday! He's been waiting sa'yo kanina pa!"

  Agad naman akong napaupo ng tuwid. Shit. "Fuck, that guy would chop my head and block me from all socials for months kapag nalaman niya na I forgot."